• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Warcraft III Patch/Hash?

Started by Fpa, February 04, 2003, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fpa

Since You All Know About Ste4lthBot v1.6 And v1.8 I'll Get Straight To The Point...
-v1.6 Loaded Warcraft III Just Fine...
-v1.8 Gave Me The Following Bug:
|/ ! \  subscript out of range|
| ¯¯¯        _____            |
|           | OK  |           |
|            ¯¯¯¯¯            |
 ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
-I've Decided To Code A Bot And Im Getting Same Bug, Yet EternalChat Loads Just Fine...
-Could It Be BNLS Dosent Support Warcraft III Logons With Non C Code? (Dumb Question?, EternalChat Is C Code?)

Fpa

i will never waste 5 min on ascii again...

Zakath

BNLS supports any login made with the proper packets. In any case, EternalChat is a VB bot, and I would guess your problem could be that the bots are attempting to use an outdated version byte - EC automatically updates it.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

tA-Kane

Fpa, have you Packetlogged EternalChat and your bot, and looked at the differences? >:(
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

Banana fanna fo fanna

omg, I love ascii art!

Etheran

Fpa

thnx kaine ill try that

Fpa

-umm now im confused..
-is there anyway to load war3 using vb without "hexing"?
-how would i go about updating version byte in vb ?

Mesiah / haiseM

*lol*

packet log client, or working war3 bot, look at the position of the old version byte in your bot, look for that position in packet log, take it.
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

Fpa

-im still lost...
-i have ethereal from www.ethereal.com i logged my connection with EC
-afterwards i logged my bots connection
-but ummm i still dont see position of packet for version byte
-am i using wrong packet sniffer?

Zakath

The version byte is not an entire packet - it's a small part (literally a byte) in one specific packet. Look at one of the protocol specs floating around to find out which packet and where - I won't do *all* your work for you. :P
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Yoni

Actually it's a DWORD (treated as a DWORD internally) and may very well be larger than 0xFF. It just never was, so it has been called a "byte".

Spht

I suggest you abuse the Battle.net logon server's ability to keep you up-to-date with correct version DWORD(!) so that you won't have to keep updating the program each time a new patch is released. It would also be very annoying if the public used your bot and you'd have to send out a new version each time. With EternalChat, it will always acquire correct version information from BNLS so that I do not have to make any changes when new game version are released.

haZe

I get the same error with my cleanslatebot2.ocx
 ???

Zakath

You're evidently coding it wrong then...I can state for a fact that CleanSlateBot.ocx itself is still functional if used correctly, so...