• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Window Text Staying Bold

Started by Maddox, April 13, 2004, 04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddox

It seems that in every application that does not use a resource to create its window and uses CreateWindow(Ex) to do it, ends up having its Window Text permanently bold. I've tried setting the font of the window with WM_SETFONT with FW_NORMAL for the font weight but that does not affect it at all.

I can't think of what might be causing it, has anyone else ever had this problem?
asdf.

Skywing

Maybe you changed the default caption text style with SystemParametersInfo or the Desktop/Display Control Panel applet?

Maddox

Quote from: Skywing on April 15, 2004, 02:31 AM
Maybe you changed the default caption text style with SystemParametersInfo or the Desktop/Display Control Panel applet?

Then wouldn't it change for a lot of other programs as well? At any rate, I should be able to prevent the window text from being bold.
asdf.

Skywing

Quote from: Maddox on April 15, 2004, 03:07 AM

Then wouldn't it change for a lot of other programs as well? At any rate, I should be able to prevent the window text from being bold.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you made it seem like a system-wide issue.

Maddox

Quote from: Skywing on April 15, 2004, 12:55 PM
Quote from: Maddox on April 15, 2004, 03:07 AM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you made it seem like a system-wide issue.

Silly me, I was sending WM_SETFONT to the parent window thinking it would set the font for all child windows or child windows created thereafter.
asdf.