• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Packet 0x63 Information

Started by Lenny, April 08, 2004, 02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenny

Does anyone know the structure of 0x63 (C => S)...
I cant packetlog it since i dont have war3
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

MyndFyre

I've never seen it; what are you doing to get it?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser.

Yes, I have the formats of some messages involved with games, maybe when I get home later tonight or tomorrow afternoon I can post it

______

packet 63 is asking you to join an arranged team game for warcraft 3

UserLoser.

Quote from: ___/\___ on April 08, 2004, 02:17 PM

Actually, message 63 is SID_STARTVERSIONING2, which has nothing to do with Warcraft III

MyndFyre

Quote from: UserLoser. on April 08, 2004, 09:01 PM

Actually, message 63 is SID_STARTVERSIONING2, which has nothing to do with Warcraft III

I would tend to agree; most every Warcraft III packet that I've seen related to gaming is my SID_WARCRAFTGENERAL packet 0x44.  This has several subpacket types, not all of which I have yet identified, but I am rather certain that arranged team invitations as well as custom game hosting is accomplished through this packet.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Lenny

0x63 isnt documented on BnetDocs, I assumed it was some sort of clan channel packet...

Can anyone post its C => S structure?
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Lenny on April 09, 2004, 01:11 PM
0x63 isnt documented on BnetDocs, I assumed it was some sort of clan channel packet...

0x63 (C->S)
-------------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(DWORD) Host random token value?
(DWORD) *Response
(STRING) Host's username

- *Responses: 0x2 (decline), 0x3 (accept)
- If client accepts invitation, the client should connect to the host
- Note: All WAR3/W3XP games are TCP, not UDP unlike most other Blizzard products

0x63 (S->C)
-------------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(DWORD) Host IP
(WORD) *Host port
(BYTE) Amount of users being invited to play (including the host it's self)
(STRING[]) **Users being invited

- Seen in WAR3/W3XP only
- *Host specifies port using 0x45 (C->S)
- **First string contains the host's username

UserLoser.

Quote from: Myndfyre on April 09, 2004, 12:56 AM

I would tend to agree; most every Warcraft III packet that I've seen related to gaming is my SID_WARCRAFTGENERAL packet 0x44.  This has several subpacket types, not all of which I have yet identified, but I am rather certain that arranged team invitations as well as custom game hosting is accomplished through this packet.

0x63 = Game stuff
63 = 0x3F = SID_STARTVERSIONING2

MyndFyre

Quote from: UserLoser. on April 09, 2004, 01:37 PM
Quote from: Myndfyre on April 09, 2004, 12:56 AM

0x63 = Game stuff
63 = 0x3F = SID_STARTVERSIONING2

Ahhh, now it all becomes clear :)

Lenny

Quote from: UserLoser. on April 09, 2004, 01:35 PM
Quote from: Lenny on April 09, 2004, 01:11 PM

0x63 (C->S)
-------------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(DWORD) *Response
(STRING) Host's username

- *Responses: 0x2 (decline), 0x3 (accept)
- If client accepts invitation, the client should connect to the host
- Note: All WAR3/W3XP games are TCP, not UDP unlike most other Blizzard products

0x63 (S->C)
-------------------
(DWORD) Cookie
(DWORD) Host IP
(WORD) *Host port
(BYTE) Amount of users being invited to play (including the host it's self)
(STRING[]) **Users being invited

- Seen in WAR3/W3XP only
- *Host specifies port using 0x45 (C->S)
- **First string contains the host's username

Shouldnt there be another C => S 0x63 containing the users the host invites?  Then the S => C 0x63 to the invited user, then the 0x63 containing whether the user accepts or denies the invitation...

And also, what are the Cookie values?
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

UserLoser.

Quote from: Lenny on April 09, 2004, 08:28 PM
Shouldnt there be another C => S 0x63 containing the users the host invites?  Then the S => C 0x63 to the invited user, then the 0x63 containing whether the user accepts or denies the invitation...

And also, what are the Cookie values?

If you wanted to create an arranged team game, you send 0x60 which requests a list of available users.  Then you send 0x61 to invite those users, and the users that you invited will recieve 0x63.  Those users then send 0x63 back with either a accept or decline.  

The cookie value is up to you, you pick whatever you want it to be.

Since you don't have Warcraft III, and I'm feeling generous right now:

0x60 (C->S)
-------------------
No data

- Seen in WAR3/W3XP only
- Requests a list of available users to start an arranged team game with on WAR3/W3XP

0x60 (S->C)
-------------------
(BYTE) Available users
(STRING[]) Usernames

- Returns a list of strings equal the the number of available users returned

-----------------------------------------

0x61 (C->S)
-------------------
(DWORD) *Static counter/cookie
(DWORD) Random token
(DWORD) Amount of users being invited
(BYTE) Amout of users being invited (again?)
(STRING[]) Usernames

- Seen in WAR3/W3XP only
- Invites the usernames sent to join your arranged team game
- *This is seen to increment by one (starting at 0) in the client, this value is also sent to users being invited in 0x63 (S->C)