• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Sidekick

Started by Noodlez, April 07, 2004, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodlez

A Sidekick is basically a computer + cellphone. It runs the hiptop 1.1 OS, the creators maintain a Wiki containing everything about it (basically the MSDN of Sidekick)

This thing is awsome, it has wireless internet, infrared capabilities, and endless limits. I wrote a nice little program, it determines the weather of my location and forecasts for the next week. I wish the infrared API would work, so that I could make this baby a universal TV remote.

My next project is a binary bot. Software developed for the hiptop OS is coded in JAVA. I'm wondering if any of you have a Sidekick or are interested in developing for it.

I highly recommend this device to anyone who wants a new cellphone. The webbrowser is great too, I can now read vL forums while in school! (And everything displays properly)

picture:

Akamas

Wow, that looks and sounds pretty cool. I might be interested in assisting with this project, if assistance is what your looking for. At the moment I am looking for a new cellphone, and I was looking at one of those.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Newby

Quote from: Noodlez on April 07, 2004, 07:37 PM
A Sidekick is basically a computer + cellphone. It runs the hiptop 1.1 OS, the creators maintain a Wiki containing everything about it (basically the MSDN of Sidekick)

This thing is awsome, it has wireless internet, infrared capabilities, and endless limits. I wrote a nice little program, it determines the weather of my location and forecasts for the next week. I wish the infrared API would work, so that I could make this baby a universal TV remote.

My next project is a binary bot. Software developed for the hiptop OS is coded in JAVA. I'm wondering if any of you have a Sidekick or are interested in developing for it.

I highly recommend this device to anyone who wants a new cellphone. The webbrowser is great too, I can now read vL forums while in school! (And everything displays properly)

picture:

At first I thought "stupid", but after reading your description, it sounds badass.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Adron

MyndFyre

heh, on a side note, I'm trying to keep my binary bot API compatible with the .NET Compact Framework, so that I can port it easily and quickly to the Windows CE .NET/PocketPC Environment. :)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

synth

Quote from: Adron on April 08, 2004, 08:30 AM
How big is it?

From T-Mobile website (t-mobile.com):

Basic info:

Size: 4.6 x 2.6 x 1.1 inches
Weight: 6.0 oz.
Included battery: Lithium ion
Talk time: 3.5 hours
Standby time: 60 hours

Included accessories:
Includes Hands-Free Headset, Case, Wrist Strap

Optional accessories:
Handhelds / Mobile Data Device Accessories
HotSpot
PDA / Mobile Data Device Accessories

Included services:
E-Mail (6MB mailbox)
Built-in Paging
Caller ID
Conference Calling
Call Waiting and Call Hold
Customer Care
Access to Directory Assistance
Emergency Calls
Detailed Billing
Voicemail with Message-Waiting Indicators
Call Forwarding
International Dialing

Supported optional services:
Text Messaging
$4.99 Unlimited Nights
FamilyTime Unlimited Nights
Roadside Assistance
Sidekick Unlimited
Unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile

iago

Sounds nice, but I fear to see the pricetag on it..

Incidentally, about Java, I have a working Java Binary Bot, but I'm calling it beta.  In the last 48 hours, I've completely trashed the source and rebuilt large parts to make it a universal bot.  Right now just battle.net (well, not quite, but by the end of today I hope), but I'm hoping to add botnet and irc to it for sure.  
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

synth

Quote from: iago on April 08, 2004, 11:41 AM
Sounds nice, but I fear to see the pricetag on it..

$250, according to T-Mobile's website.  Fifty dollar rebate if you order online from them, which'll make it $200.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Newby

Cheaper then the Pocket PC? Damn.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

Akamas

Well, I've made my decisiod I'm going to get rid of my Motorola T720, and give this Sidekick a test out.

Newby

Me too. It's cheaper then the Pocket PC and according to you noodlez, it sounds way badass.
- Newby

Akamas

This should give me an incentive to improve and modify the Sidekick.

Zeller

Is there any big difference between this phone and a blackberry?