• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

*** Joining/Creating Games (WithCleanSlateBot)

Started by ILurker, February 07, 2003, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesiah / haiseM

if cleanslatebot supports udp packets, how do you build one? you cant use .buildpacket, because it isnt the same format, not at all...
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

l)ragon

Quoteok, got the stat string, what do i do with it?

did you create many games/compaired the strings found out what each peice of the string represents 8\
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Arta

Digression:

BnetDocs does not contain information about joining games.

Also, what is there shouldn't be that hard to understand! if you sit down with a packet log and look at the descriptions on bnetdocs and the data in the packet, it should become clear. You might need to persevere for a bit but don't let that put you off!

ILurker

yes, but i dontr know what to put for the buildpacket source... It supports (buffertype as string, ParramArray saElements() As Variant) As String
I have no idea what do put for these things..

UserLoser

Perhaps reading the readme for it...???

http://cuphead.valhallalegends.com/ocx.htm

Mesiah / haiseM

You cant do it anyways, i just read that thing, and when it says it supports UDP, its referring to sending 0x14 packet, which is a TCP packet sent to bnet during the login, to tell it that it does support UDP packets, if it is not sent, battle.net game clients will not allow you to join or create games.

cleanslatebox does not support UDP, so the most your going to get out of it, is getting game info and sitting in a game lobby all by yourself.
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

ILurker

So basically, there is no way to make /create games with bnls? do you have to use "winsock"?

Mesiah / haiseM

you can create the game using cleanslatebot, but if you want other people to see you, or for people to be able to join your game, your going to need udp support. This is still possible if you add your own UDP socket, and carry over a few certain values from the cleanslatebot.
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

tA-Kane

QuoteSo basically, there is no way to make /create games with bnls?
The BNLS protocol does not support creating games, last I checked.
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

iago

Quoteyou can create the game using cleanslatebot, but if you want other people to see you, or for people to be able to join your game, your going to need udp support. This is still possible if you add your own UDP socket, and carry over a few certain values from the cleanslatebot.

And I'm reasonably sure that VB's winsock.ocx (or whatever it's called) isn't good enough for that purpose because UDP sockets have to be bound, and it can't listen on the same port that it recieves on which is a requirement for the Game protocol.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Spht

QuoteAnd I'm reasonably sure that VB's winsock.ocx (or whatever it's called) isn't good enough for that purpose because UDP sockets have to be bound, and it can't listen on the same port that it recieves on which is a requirement for the Game protocol.

Naw, works fine. I've had in-game support for Starcraft/BroodWar using Visual Basic for a while now.

haZe

Is there any way I can packet log Brood War games without actaully being in them? (not allowed to go on sc)

Zakath

Not really...even if you use something *other* than SC to do it, you'll still need to be in the game to be able to packet log it. You could have someone else do it for you, though.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

haZe

Any takers? ::)

UserLoser

I would, but WPE PRO doesnt show most of those packets, which are UDP

|