• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

**Seeing Users In The Void**

Started by HiVe, February 08, 2003, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiVe

I noticed that some bots can see the users that are in The Void. I was wondering if someone has an idea of how to do this. I'm using CupHead's CleanSlateBot OCX and I am pretty sure that this can be done because Stealthbot (which uses CleanSlateBot), can see the users in The Void. If someone can help me I'd very much appreciate it.  ;D

Atom

Ill give you a hint, when you unignore somebody, you get the flags of everyone in the channel...
I am back! aINC is dead, ThinkTank PRO is alive.
VB, JAVA, ASM, C, its all yummy to me.

haZe

CleanSlateBot1.Send "/unignore " & GetStuff("Main", "User") if u have a getstuff function and ur config looks like that, that should work.

Noodlez

thats horrible, haze. proper way would be to store your bnet name (when its sent you in 0xA) in a variable.

haZe

Yes, I know.  ;D I suck with programming.
Whatever floats your boat, though. :P

Atom

yeah hes kind write, using getstuff means the program has to access your hard drive, find the file, open it, find the name, load it into memory, and then its used by the bot.

If you load the name into a variable at when you recieve it then it should run a good Millisecond faster. (Not to mention that the ini could have changed since the bot logged in, and someone might be on your name and you would havea  #2 after your name)
I am back! aINC is dead, ThinkTank PRO is alive.
VB, JAVA, ASM, C, its all yummy to me.

Mesiah / haiseM

Does the Flags event on cleanslate bot give you ALL fields? Name, Ping, Flags, Statstring? if it does, then you can do the void thing.
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

ILurker

Im guessing that when you unignore someone, you get a "FlagsUpsate" event, which you could use, to add all of the users in the channel to the channel list.

.. Is this correct?  :)

Noodlez

why dont you try it and find out

ILurker

I'm Lazy  ;D

Etheran

QuoteCleanSlateBot1.Send "/unignore " & GetStuff("Main", "User") if u have a getstuff function and ur config looks like that, that should work.
GetStuff!!!!! hahahahaahahaha....

My brother was showing me the API functions to read from an INI and he made this sample program for me and called his function GetStuff to read the INI.  I copied his functions in a module and used them for my bots.. I didn't think they'd make it this far!!  I gotta go tell him :).

haZe

...? Are you assuming that I'm using your GetStuff function?
Incorrect. I got mine off of a VB helper site.

Noodlez

QuoteI'm Lazy  ;D
you mean you dont know how?

ILurker

yeah i do know how but im too lazy to do it,  ;)

Noodlez

if you say so