• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

vL server specs?

Started by Fr0z3N, March 30, 2004, 06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr0z3N

Just woundering what they are and what OS and what INET speed.

Thing

First you must clarify which server.
The forum server will be replaced sometime next week with this byte crushing, monster of a machine.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

Archonist

Quote from: Thing on March 30, 2004, 07:09 PM
First you must clarify which server.
The forum server will be replaced sometime next week with this byte crushing, monster of a machine.

rofl... 99.9% Downtime!!

Fr0z3N

I don't know how many servers there are so, how about all of them?

Raven

Just as a note about that, did anyone else notice how initially, it's stated to have 640 MB or RAM?! I found that kind of interesting how it would have more than 30x more RAM than it did HD space? Only in the paragraph did they say the RAM was in kb, and hence it was a misprint. Still kind of funny. ;)

P.S.: Only 99.9% downtime? If Thing could manage to get that thing to even host the forums for .1% of the time, I think he'd already deserve an Op of the Year award. ;)

P.P.S.: Also, there's no way that thing has a 286 MHz processor. But that doesn't look a joke auction. Some misrepresentation going on there heh, hopefully the person who bought didn't think it was that fast. :)

MyndFyre

Quote from: Raven on March 30, 2004, 11:06 PM
Just as a note about that, did anyone else notice how initially, it's stated to have 640 MB or RAM?! I found that kind of interesting how it would have more than 30x more RAM than it did HD space? Only in the paragraph did they say the RAM was in kb, and hence it was a misprint. Still kind of funny. ;)

P.S.: Only 99.9% downtime? If Thing could manage to get that thing to even host the forums for .1% of the time, I think he'd already deserve an Op of the Year award. ;)

P.P.S.: Also, there's no way that thing has a 286 MHz processor. But that doesn't look a joke auction. Some misrepresentation going on there heh, hopefully the person who bought didn't think it was that fast. :)

I doubt it.  It was bought for US $10.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Adron

Quote from: Raven on March 30, 2004, 11:06 PM

It's probably e-bay's moronic computer selling system, asking about the speed of the processor to which you'll respond "286" (since it's an 80286 cpu) and the amount of RAM to which you'll respond "640" (since it has 640 kb ram). The units for the measurements look like they were added by e-bay.

j0k3r

Adron is right, that portion is always filled in by ebay with it's defaults if you choose to list that way.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo