Previous topic - Next topic

Would you pay for BNLS?

Yes
12 (23.1%)
No
40 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

iago

Would you pay to use BNLS, either a one-time, monthly, or per-connection fee?

This will never happen, but I'm just curious :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

effect

Not that this has any reflection on the amount of effort and hard work that was put into the software , but i would be in my cold , cold grave before i forked out money to login to battle.net. (Period)
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Hazard

I stand stedfast on the notion that its only a game, and its not worth it. Just as I would not pay to log on to Battle.Net I would not pay for BNLS. However, if it was a one-time fee AND the fee was small, then I might not have a problem with it.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Denial

uh no because i rather use ultimatebot then pay for something like that

P.S Do you think the source code for bnls would sell on ebay?
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

j0k3r

Quite probably, not for alot unless the right people knew to look for it there at that time though.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Yoni

Banana fanna fo fanna

since bnet is my life...yes

i mean no, absolutely not.

j0k3r

Quote from: Yoni on March 28, 2004, 07:51 PM
No. Teehee!
Wouldn't you be the one being paid? (well, atleast a porton?)
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Fr0z3N

I wouldn't even pay to paly WoW. Rip off.

tA-Kane

It's not as simple as "would you or wouldn't you", especially if you're going to be redistributing your BNLS information.

I would pay a small one-time fee..., if and only if, it includes athorization to let other people use my login and auth password.

But also, if I were to pay, I would expect a much better service (not saying that BNLS isn't that good... it's great... but paying for something vs getting something for free is different).

I'd expect at least a web interface to administer my BNLS account, rather than just a botnet interface.

I would expect support to be quick and free, and include a phone number to call if I have problems.

I'd also like to see a few changes to the BNLS protocol if I were to pay, such as allowing a cookie in *every* request packet, instead of just a few. That would truly allow for multiple connections to Battle.net to make use of the single BNLS connection, because you'd know exactly which response from BNLS corresponds to which request you sent. There's also a number of smaller things I'd like to see to the BNLS protocol, which I could go over if you want me to...

I'd want guaranteed uptime, with (at least partial or proportional) money back for downtime.

I'd want a guarantee that BNLS does not harvest information sent to it, or that if it does, I am able to know what information it harvests, and have access to the information that it has harvested from my account.

It would also be nice if I could be guaranteed that the data sent by BNLS will work with Battle.net (when used correctly, obviously), instead of assuming that it'll work. Such a guarantee would also require a statement from Blizzard, too...

Quote from: Denial on March 28, 2004, 07:40 PMDo you think the source code for bnls would sell on ebay?
If cities can be bought off of ebay, certainly BNLS's source code could too. It might even sell off of ebay...  ;)

Edit: visual appeases
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

Vicious

MyndFyre

Quote from: tA-Kane on March 28, 2004, 09:03 PM
It's not as simple as "would you or wouldn't you", especially if you're going to be redistributing your BNLS information.

I would pay a small one-time fee..., if and only if, it includes athorization to let other people use my login and auth password.

But also, if I were to pay, I would expect a much better service (not saying that BNLS isn't that good... it's great... but paying for something vs getting something for free is different).

I'd expect at least a web interface to administer my BNLS account, rather than just a botnet interface.

I would expect support to be quick and free, and include a phone number to call if I have problems.

I'd also like to see a few changes to the BNLS protocol if I were to pay, such as allowing a cookie in *every* request packet, instead of just a few. That would truly allow for multiple connections to Battle.net to make use of the single BNLS connection, because you'd know exactly which response from BNLS corresponds to which request you sent. There's also a number of smaller things I'd like to see to the BNLS protocol, which I could go over if you want me to...

I'd want guaranteed uptime, with (at least partial or proportional) money back for downtime.

I'd want a guarantee that BNLS does not harvest information sent to it, or that if it does, I am able to know what information it harvests, and have access to the information that it has harvested from my account.

It would also be nice if I could be guaranteed that the data sent by BNLS will work with Battle.net (when used correctly, obviously), instead of assuming that it'll work. Such a guarantee would also require a statement from Blizzard, too...

Quote from: Denial on March 28, 2004, 07:40 PMDo you think the source code for bnls would sell on ebay?
If cities can be bought off of ebay, certainly BNLS's source code could too. It might even sell off of ebay...  ;)

Edit: visual appeases

I am definitely right on with Kane here.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

j0k3r

I'm 100% against him if he wants to pay a small one time fee for all of that.
John Vo

Stealth

- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Dark-Feanor

I think that I would, depending upon the price. Anything more than $5 dollars one time fee, not worth it.
- Feanor[xL]
clan exile
Firebot
iago: "caps lock is like cruise control for cool"