• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

Started by Naem, March 24, 2004, 02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naem

Anyone remember a thing years back, a program that was around 64KB large and would take you around a game-like 3D environment (I believe it used Direct3D)? I'm looking for the link to it, as I don't remember the exact name of the project. If you know how it works then post that too, thanks :)
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

effect

Wasnt it a Screensaver?
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Grok

Quote from: Naem on March 24, 2004, 02:05 AM
Anyone remember a thing years back, a program that was around 64KB large and would take you around a game-like 3D environment (I believe it used Direct3D)? I'm looking for the link to it, as I don't remember the exact name of the project. If you know how it works then post that too, thanks :)

Talking about the Easter-egg in Excel 97?

Naem

No, it was a 64KB sized application someone made that was at least 10 minutes long with decent 3D graphics. I'm sure Excel's was probably 64MB :)

I think it came out in 2000 or 2001.

Yoni

Ah, I remember that but also don't recall how it's called.

You can do wonderful graphics with just math and no huge data files. I don't remember but it was probably some fractal-based animation with a few kilobytes of rendering code and a few kilobytes of initial data.

Edit:
A Google search revealed what you're (probably) thinking of:
Heaven 7

iago

Takes a looong time to load on my work computer.  But looks pretty sweet for 64k :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Raven

I think I remember what you might be talking about. I remember someone or some group was demonstrating their new compression technology by compressing some ginormous 3D environment or something to an unbelievably small size.

Naem

Quote from: Yoni on March 24, 2004, 11:21 AM
Ah, I remember that but also don't recall how it's called.

You can do wonderful graphics with just math and no huge data files. I don't remember but it was probably some fractal-based animation with a few kilobytes of rendering code and a few kilobytes of initial data.

Edit:
A Google search revealed what you're (probably) thinking of:
Heaven 7

Not the one I was thinking of but still nice =)
Still don't see how they can have all the 3d objects, pictures, music be 64K total.

cipher

Perhaps the one you're looking for is amongst these:
http://gametutorials.com/Favorites/GT_Favs.htm

Naem

iago

Quote from: cipher on March 24, 2004, 05:05 PM
Perhaps the one you're looking for is amongst these:
http://gametutorials.com/Favorites/GT_Favs.htm

Wow@Zaphire Productions - they were friends of a friend a couple years ago.  I went to their site and recognized other names of people I know at school NOW there besides them.  I went in a big loop and ended up back in Winnipeg :D
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Vicious

Those are really neat. ;D They would make great screensavers.