• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Connecting to proxy servers

Started by MichaeL, March 18, 2004, 04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaeL

Sorry for posting this again, I was told to post it here for best results.

Hey, I'm quite new to Visual Basic.  I have created a winbot, and I want to be able to connect to battle.net using a proxy server, probably using winsock.  How would I go about doing this?  Or ... are there any websites that could guide me through it?  

- MichaeL@USEast

effect

Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Eric

Adron

There are websites. Search for socks.

MichaeL

Okay thanks, I had using API in mind too. :P

Adron

I don't really see an API that would help - unless you download some particular tool for it. If you've created a winbot that can connect to b.net, you should already be using all the API's you need. That is, unless you're just using some ready-made bot ocx....

ChR0NiC

*cough* Clean Slate Bot *cough*

R.a.B.B.i.T

Knew to VB and made a Winbot?  Don't you mean STOLE a winbot?  I seem to recall GamerBot's source being quite available these days...

MichaeL

R.a.b.b.i.t,
   No, I did not steal a winbot.  I, myself am not creating the whole thing, I am getting help from friends.

Eric

Quote from: R.a.B.B.i.T on March 19, 2004, 06:30 PM
Knew to VB and made a Winbot?  Don't you mean STOLE a winbot?  I seem to recall GamerBot's source being quite available these days...
Pretty extreme accusation without any facts...

MichaeL

Kp

Quote from: LoRd[nK] on March 20, 2004, 09:33 PMPretty extreme accusation without any facts...

but not that far out of bounds, given the nature of the question, the flood of people who have a functioning VB IDE that they are able to use in some primitive sense, and the number of released projects.  Although I haven't bothered and likely won't, I expect it would be pretty easy to build a pretty impressive client just by copying the appropriate subsections out of various released clients (and not writing any new code, other than minor connectives for the modules).
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Dark-Feanor

That would bot would be really sloppy, and hard to beta test / debug.  
- Feanor[xL]
clan exile
Firebot
iago: "caps lock is like cruise control for cool"

Adron

Quote from: DaRk-FeAnOr on March 21, 2004, 12:14 PM
That would bot would be really sloppy, and hard to beta test / debug.  

Which is the effect we're noticing - people coming here wanting help testing / debugging their code.

MrRaza