• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

A riddle for all of you.

Started by Dante, March 16, 2004, 09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigsaw

Wow your pay is pretty shitty, if I were to charge you for an hour of my time id make you pay 60. but yoni would spend more time than an hour id give him atleast a few hundred :) and then give me a 10% consulting fee.

Grok

Quote from: jigsaw on March 20, 2004, 11:25 AM
Wow your pay is pretty shitty, if I were to charge you for an hour of my time id make you pay 60. but yoni would spend more time than an hour id give him atleast a few hundred :) and then give me a 10% consulting fee.

I'm not going to post my professional rate on here for the world to see.

j0k3r

Quote from: Grok on March 20, 2004, 12:38 PM

Why does it matter all that much?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

iago

I work as a student (intern-ish) for cdn$15.38/hr.  Now everybody knows! :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Grok

Quote from: j0k3r on March 20, 2004, 01:04 PM

Because it is nobody's business but mine how much I make.

Thing

QuoteBecause it is nobody's business but mine how much I make.

Don't be embarrased Grok.  Minimum wage is better than unemployment.  At least that's what I tell myself on payday. :P
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

j0k3r

Quote from: Grok on March 20, 2004, 03:11 PM
Quote from: j0k3r on March 20, 2004, 01:04 PM

Because it is nobody's business but mine how much I make.
But why are people so protective about it? What about it is so important?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Adron

Quote from: j0k3r on March 20, 2004, 10:08 PM

And why are some people sensitive about their weight?

iago

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

j0k3r

Quote from: Adron on March 21, 2004, 04:29 AM
Quote from: j0k3r on March 20, 2004, 10:08 PM

And why are some people sensitive about their weight?
Exactly, I don't understand it. If you're rich people can tell you're rich, if you're fat people can tell you're fat, so why try to hide it?

Well, can't tell anything online without pictures, but I mean in RL.
John Vo

Telos

Explain how you can tell someone is rich by looking at them in real life

hismajesty

Quote from: Telos on March 21, 2004, 09:21 AM
Explain how you can tell someone is rich by looking at them in real life

Explain how you can't.(assuming you're questioning the validity of his statement)

Telos

Burden of proof in an argument is on the positive

Go into any junior high or high school people are dressed more or less in the same way regardless of socioeconomic status.  Why?  Because the ones without money spend theirs to appear exactly as the people who do have money.  They arent dirtier or carry signs saying Im poor or anything so I want to know how you can tell

There are even people who just dont care and wear crappy stuff whether or not they have money

hismajesty

If they don't have money it'd be impossible for them to dress like those that have money, perhaps they'd have a few of the same/similar things but not exactly and probably not even close to those with money. In my high school it's fairly simple to tell between those that do and those that do not have money.

Hitmen

Quote from: Telos on March 21, 2004, 09:41 AM
There are even people who just dont care and wear crappy stuff whether or not they have money

Like me!

|