• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNLS Error?

Started by thecableguy159, March 12, 2004, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecableguy159

I'm using CSB with VB (yeah, I'm a noob), and have successfully connected to BNLS and Bnet several times. But after a varying, but brief, period of time, I always get disconnected from BNLS. As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with the code, any ideas about what might be wrong?

MyndFyre

After you log on to Battle.net, you can disconnect from BNLS.  As far as I can tell, you don't need the connection open at all, except for a few special things (like changing passwords).

On the other hand, if you really, really want to keep it open, send the idle message BNLS_NULL every short period of time.  My Battle.net idle packet is once every five minutes, and I'd imagine that BNLS might be a little shorter.

I don't ever use it though.

[edit] I just realized you're using CSB.  I'm not sure how CSB works, but I imagine it would disconnect from BNLS just cuz it's supposed to.  I am not sure if you need to or are able to send packets through it directly, but again - BNLS_NULL is the keep-alive packet, documented in the BNLS protocol spec. [/edit]
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

thecableguy159

I wouldn't care about keeping it open if it were only useful for specialized functions, but whenever it disconnects from BNLS, it also disconnects from Bnet, but doesn't show it. So should I go with the BNLS_NULL idea?

Skywing

It shouldn't disconnect from Battle.net after disconnecting from BNLS if you are finished logging on.

There is no need to maintain the BNLS connection long-term after that.

Stealth

Are you disconnecting from Battle.net in your BNLSDisconnected() event?
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot