• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Problem With Sweepban

Started by ChR0NiC, February 15, 2004, 05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChR0NiC

My original post was.....why wouldn't my sweepban code that was posted here, ban the odd man out....
Due to it not being separated but a comma....

I still haven't fixed it, but I didn't feel write leaving my code open on the forum here.

UserLoser.

• Don't split up the data if there isn't a comma in it
  • If there isn't a comma in the data, then ban the data (but check for operator, even though it's not 100% accurate)

ChR0NiC

Quote from: UserLoser. on February 15, 2004, 05:08 PM

• Don't split up the data if there isn't a comma in it
  • If there isn't a comma in the data, then ban the data (but check for operator, even though it's not 100% accurate)

well as you see above, I try banning twice, once with the brackets and once without them, just to be sure I get the whole channel. Well I'll try your advice but I am not quite sure I 100% understand

Networks

When split by the commas how can make it so that it'll go to the next comma until the end?

Grok

Quote from: ChR0NiC on February 15, 2004, 05:03 PM
I am removing this post, thx

Don't ever do that again, please.  Because you have edited the topic message, the replies are now all useless and nobody else can learn by reading this post.

That's bad form and bad etiquette on any forum, here or anywhere else on the internet.

ChR0NiC

Quote from: Grok on February 17, 2004, 12:58 PM
Don't ever do that again, please.  Because you have edited the topic message, the replies are now all useless and nobody else can learn by reading this post.

That's bad form and bad etiquette on any forum, here or anywhere else on the internet.

Sorry, I was trying to *hint* the Admin's towards deleting my post....

Adron

Quote from: ChR0NiC on February 17, 2004, 05:53 PM

Oh. I thought you were trying to *hint* the Admin's towards deleting you from this forum....

Grok

Quote from: ChR0NiC on February 17, 2004, 05:53 PM
Quote from: Grok on February 17, 2004, 12:58 PM

Well ChR0NiC, the topic turns out to be instructional despite your efforts.  Now others have an example of how not to edit your topics after they have been responded to and on.

Spht

This is why people should make a habit of quoting the posts they're replying to since fatuous people tend to manipulate or completely remove their post after several people have replied.

Additionally, this forum is often used as an archived reference for bot developers and if the original poster removed their post because they got their answer, then the people that took the time to make a reply get the objectionable gratitude of having only helped a few people that were around to see the original question, while the others who are later searching through the archives miss out.

MyndFyre

Not only that, but now I'm pissed too because I don't get to see what the question was.  I make it a habit to keep up on things that seem interesting; "Sweep ban" caught my eye as something that might be useful.  Thanks for showing your willingness to participate.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

ChR0NiC

Quote from: Myndfyre on February 17, 2004, 07:43 PM
Not only that, but now I'm pissed too because I don't get to see what the question was.  I make it a habit to keep up on things that seem interesting; "Sweep ban" caught my eye as something that might be useful.  Thanks for showing your willingness to participate.

I am sorry about that......But I posted my entire sweepban code here, and I didn't want some first time programmer who has no experience just grabbing my sweepban code and putting it in his bot...I hope you understand  :(

Tuberload

Maybe you should re-post it minus the code... The people at least know what's being talked about.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

MyndFyre

Quote from: Tuberload on February 18, 2004, 07:36 PM
Maybe you should re-post it minus the code... The people at least know what's being talked about.

Hear, hear.  I'm a good enough programmer to program my own bot, thanks, but what is this concept?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

ChR0NiC

Quote from: Myndfyre on February 18, 2004, 07:40 PM
Hear, hear.  I'm a good enough programmer to program my own bot, thanks, but what is this concept?

Do you mean.....what does sweepban do or how did I go about it???

MyndFyre

Quote from: ChR0NiC on February 18, 2004, 07:47 PM
Quote from: Myndfyre on February 18, 2004, 07:40 PM

Do you mean.....what does sweepban do or how did I go about it???

What is it?  I suppose, what does it do?