• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

grades

Started by Probe, February 09, 2004, 02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Quote from: Mitosis on February 10, 2004, 06:10 AM
Im in the 70s, got to fix some stuff though, my teacher marks so weird. We only get one quiz then our test is 45% of are mark. and he doesnt even count the work we do.

Yeah, the test isn't worth much.  Our finals are worth an average of 60%, our midterms are usually 20, and 4 assignments worth 5% each.  So assignments are basically worth nothing.

When I had phys-ed in highschool, we got marked half on Health Class, which was just memorization (bones, muscles, and boring stuff) and half on gym, and participation and stuff (boo).  I would usually get 100% in health, and 50% in gym, giving me a nice average 75%
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Grok

50% in gym?

How sad is that?  :p

Spht

As long as we participated in all sports we'd get >95%. Gym grades here is mostly measured by participation.

iago

Quote from: Spht on February 10, 2004, 01:09 PM
As long as we participated in all sports we'd get >95%. Gym grades here is mostly measured by participation.

Same with here; I just couldn't be bothered to participate.  In games we played for fun, like archery, badminton, and I'm sure some others that don't come to mind, I liked it.  But I've never been a fan of competitive games (eg. basketball, floor hockey, etc.).

I suppose I'm usually the same way with computer games; I prefer to play against bots or play co-op missions more than playing against people.  Even in racing games, I will do my best to help out any humans I'm playing with.

I suppose that's the reason I never really did good in gym.. I just didn't like most of the stuff we did.

UserLoser.

Quote from: iago on February 10, 2004, 03:13 PM
Quote from: Spht on February 10, 2004, 01:09 PM

Same with here; I just couldn't be bothered to participate.  In games we played for fun, like archery, badminton, and I'm sure some others that don't come to mind, I liked it.  But I've never been a fan of competitive games (eg. basketball, floor hockey, etc.).

I suppose I'm usually the same way with computer games; I prefer to play against bots or play co-op missions more than playing against people.  Even in racing games, I will do my best to help out any humans I'm playing with.

I suppose that's the reason I never really did good in gym.. I just didn't like most of the stuff we did.

Teacher yells at me because I get to competative.  Such as during floor hockey, I think some words slipped out just a bit too much, and the senior leader of my class said something to me just a few times ;)... Along with, the teacher telling me that I was being too rough and had to sit out - But hey, someone had to do something since the girls on defence weren't doing anything... As of today, we just started swimming and I took two showers (one at school, one at home), and still smell like chlorine :-\

Newby

Most grades in P.E are on participation.

Otherwise, P.E grades would be wayyyyyy worse. At least it would be for my school. =P

And I'm like User, I get way too competitive.

If my teammates are screwing up I let loose a string of phrases and the teacher doesn't like that -_-.

Or I get physical and slam into people on accident since I'm so intent on getting the ball or flag of whatever. >_<
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

UserLoser.

Oh, and can't forget about the Gothic or druggies who don't do anything except stand there because they're too cool to do anything

Newby

Quote from: UserLoser. on February 10, 2004, 07:32 PM
Oh, and can't forget about the Gothic or druggies who don't do anything except stand there because they're too cool to do anything

Yeah.

I know two of each.

The druggie sounds something like this on any run.

Druggie: MAN GANGSTAS DONT RUN FUCK DAT!

The gothic girl, well, we make fun of her, saying shit like "JESUS LOVES YOU", "SATAN SUCKS", "FUCK SATAN", "GO TO CHURCH", "I FUCKED SATAN", "JESUS STILL LOVES YOU CHILD!"

She gets so mad :P
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

Probe

Quote from: Newby on February 10, 2004, 07:46 PM

Yeah.

I know two of each.

The gothic girl, well, we make fun of her, saying shit like "JESUS LOVES YOU", "SATAN SUCKS", "FUCK SATAN", "GO TO CHURCH", "I FUCKED SATAN", "JESUS STILL LOVES YOU CHILD!"

why do you judge people by what clothes they wear? just because they wear black means they worship satan?

iago

Wow, goths are real?  I thought they were just from tv!

I don't bother too much in sports because I'm lazy.  They should have made gym more open, I would have prefered to spend my classes in the weight room rather than do nothing in sports.  ohwell.

jigsaw

When those bloody bastards wear white make-up and black clothing... They piss me off just by the way they look.  I was a bouncer once, and one of those guys had this doll around his neck with pins in it.  Must I say what I did to him?  The next day, I had a streak of bad luck, I think I had a hex.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Probe on February 10, 2004, 08:02 PM

Yeah.

I know two of each.

why do you judge people by what clothes they wear? just because they wear black means they worship satan?

Freedom of speech (USA)

iago

Quote from: UserLoser. on February 10, 2004, 08:25 PM

Yeah.

I know two of each.

Freedom of speech (USA)

Freedom of speech to not only dress like that, but also to say you don't like people who dress like that.  It works both ways :)

SNiFFeR

I'm gothic, so lay off.  >:(

j/k, but I really am gothic.

Actually I really don't care what people think of me. ;)

Newby

Yeah.

I know two of each.

No she said "OK SHUT UP I WORSHIP SATAN WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE FUN OF ME" one day.
- Newby

|