• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Rainbow Six 3 [XBox]

Started by Newby, February 08, 2004, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newby

Anybody else have this for XBox?

And if you do, do you play XBox live with it?

Leave me your gamertags if you do so I can play one of you :O!
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Tuberload

Quote from: Newby on February 08, 2004, 01:40 PM
Anybody else have this for XBox?

And if you do, do you play XBox live with it?

Leave me your gamertags if you do so I can play one of you :O!

Is the game any good? I am going to buy an XBox here soon, and am looking for a few good games to get with it.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Newby

It kind of sucks offline, but if you have XBox live it owns all.

It's so fun with teammates that are alive and mic communication + tactical shooter = the best.

+ it's not just missions.

There's FFA and Team FFA type matches, called Survival and Team Survival.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

j0k3r

Quote from: Newby on February 09, 2004, 03:00 PM
It's so fun with teammates that are alive and mic communication + tactical shooter = the best.
That was invented many years ago, it's called Counter-Strike (they have it for xbox too).
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Newby

Quote from: j0k3r on February 09, 2004, 04:13 PM
Quote from: Newby on February 09, 2004, 03:00 PM
That was invented many years ago, it's called Counter-Strike (they have it for xbox too).

Counter strike is no tactical shooter.

It's run and gun. With some physics.

If you have played any Rainbow Six game, you'll know what I mean.
- Newby

Hitmen

Plus counter-strike sucks. :)

[edit] No wait, someone is going to put me down for not stating that it's an opinion.

In my opinion counter-strike is the most overrated piece of garbage in existance. (Note: not the biggest piece of garbage, just the most overrated one for those of you who can't read.)

j0k3r

Overrated? Hah only to those who don't play it. Every I know that plays it hates it, steam blows.

I don't see how many more tactics you can have, flashbangs, smoke grenades, regular grenades, night vision, shields, sniping, choosing the appropriate skin for the map to blend in, shooting through walls, there's so much.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Hitmen

I never said there was any lack of variety, it just doesn't come together well for me. It's too fast passed for a tactical shooter, too slow for an FPS. I just think it blows.

Newby

It's way too fast for a tactical shooter. i.e Rainbow Series

And way too slow to be something like Quake III. (That is really fast)

It's inbetween.

And people that are inbetween suck! :)

+ you can run and gun and it's just so unrealistic.

If you try to run and gun, if they are more then 10 feet away from you, you most likely won't hit shit.

+ Rainbow Six 3 has tear gas, and that shit is trippy to walk through. :P
- Newby

SiMi

i got rs3 for xbox and i also got xbox live :)

Newby

Quote from: Simi on February 12, 2004, 05:51 PM
i got rs3 for xbox and i also got xbox live :)

Gamertag? :)

I'm gonna pwnzorfy you asap k? ^^
- Newby

Mitosis

My gamertag is MitosisDesigns. We can play CS. CS has some problems though. You can shoot a guy in the arm with the Snipermagnum and they are dead. So un-realistic.

Hitmen

Quote from: Mitosis on February 13, 2004, 08:21 PM
My gamertag is MitosisDesigns. We can play CS. CS has some problems though. You can shoot a guy in the arm with the Snipermagnum and they are dead. So un-realistic.
Not really. Shoot someone in the arm with a .50 cal sniper rifle and see if they can move any other part of their body. The shock would be way more than your body can handle. They assume you lie there and bleed to death? :P

Mitosis

I know but its stupid. You just die instantly. Like say I shot you in the foot with the Sniper Magnum, and you died. Wouldnt you think thats a little dramatic?

Adron

Quote from: Mitosis on February 14, 2004, 06:06 AM
I know but its stupid. You just die instantly. Like say I shot you in the foot with the Sniper Magnum, and you died. Wouldnt you think thats a little dramatic?

I don't think it's immediately lethal for footshots. I've survived hits from it (in 1.5, but I don't think they changed it).