• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Makin Head way

Started by illadel4life82, February 03, 2004, 08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illadel4life82

aiight I located the data bytes thats cause of  the Thread "I'm lost". and looking at in game packets and looking up some actions I did on a list I got from "I'm missing somthing" thread. thing is where is the compression and decompression coming in? thats the only part keeping me back from truly understanding this complex game. Also are monster locations somehow sent to the Client in some way? cause I know the client knows before hand cause of the map hack program. One more thing, the whole swing at monster, detemine if it gets hit or not and how much dmg was done, is there any research on that sequence of packets? Thanks again, things are getting clearer now.

botmaster

Quote from: illadel4life82 on February 03, 2004, 08:58 PM
aiight I located the data bytes thats cause of  the Thread "I'm lost". and looking at in game packets and looking up some actions I did on a list I got from "I'm missing somthing" thread. thing is where is the compression and decompression coming in? thats the only part keeping me back from truly understanding this complex game. Also are monster locations somehow sent to the Client in some way? cause I know the client knows before hand cause of the map hack program. One more thing, the whole swing at monster, detemine if it gets hit or not and how much dmg was done, is there any research on that sequence of packets? Thanks again, things are getting clearer now.

check out d2gs.dll it's used to decompress and compress packets... as far as getting the monsters look at packets

Packet 68 - monster approaching/attacking target
Packet 67 - monster/entity moving

Raven

In the future, please refrain from making additional threads that address topics discussed in other threads, unless the other thread has multiple pages of responses.

iago

And for the player to attack the monster there are a couple of actions, like player-walking-to-entity and such.  
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

After-Death

Quote from: Raven on February 04, 2004, 12:01 AM

In the future, please refrain from making additional threads that address topics discussed in other threads, unless the other thread has multiple pages of responses.

www.d2hackers.net

that packet information should surely help you

Arthas

God I hope you know assembly. Another useful resource is google, search for the packets botmaster specified. That, and I hear bnetdocs has some writeup on it that supposedly we amatuer programmers cannot see ;) Maybe if you suck up to the dudes in charge... lol