• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

Einstein quote?

Started by Grok, January 26, 2004, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

Can someone confirm this?

"I hate everyone and everything that will ever spawn from Canada."  - Albert Einstein

j0k3r

It wouldn't be unjustified, Einstein lived in the states correct? (assuming that was correct) Canada probably rejected him during world war 2 because he was jewish (that was the general policy) and so he had a hard time getting to America.

[edit]Not too sure about this supporting it, but I found it in a google search (the page seems pretty trashy but oh well)
http://www.damntheworld.com/archives/cat_obiter_dicktum.php?page=7[/edit]
[edit2]It's at the bottom btw, lot's of other Einstein quotes there too[/edit2]
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Raven

From what I think I can remember, Einstein came to America from Germany around the time when persecutions began, and when the war went full swing, he joined the Manhattan Project to use his superior knowledge of physics and its applications to help his new country overcome evil. :)

iago

Quote from: Raven on January 26, 2004, 10:20 PM
From what I think I can remember, Einstein came to America from Germany around the time when persecutions began, and when the war went full swing, he joined the Manhattan Project to use his superior knowledge of physics and its applications to help his new country overcome evil. :)

Yeah, he didn't move to the states until much later in life.  I doubt he would have ever said that.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

effect

he joined the Manhattan Project to use his superior knowledge of physics and its applications to help his new country overcome evil. :)

*Blow the fuck out of Japan
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Raven

Quote from: NuLL on January 27, 2004, 09:16 PM
he joined the Manhattan Project to use his superior knowledge of physics and its applications to help his new country overcome evil. :)

*Blow the fuck out of Japan

FYI, Einstein wasn't for the use of the bomb on Japan. However, I believe at the time, its use was unfortunately necessary.  It was a terrible decision to have to make, but fortunately, I believe President Truman made the right one.

effect

I dont think its ever necessary to kill 200,000 + odd people

I actually call that borderline Genocide.

Tuberload

Quote from: NuLL on January 28, 2004, 11:35 PM

Perhaps you should read up on your history.

Example: After the first atomic bomb was dropped Japan still refused to surrender... While I do not agree with the damage the a-bomb has on the economy, drastic measures are required for drastic situations.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

effect

Quote from: Tuberload on January 28, 2004, 11:54 PM
Quote from: NuLL on January 28, 2004, 11:35 PM

Perhaps you should read up on your history.

Example: After the first atomic bomb was dropped Japan still refused to surrender... While I do not agree with the damage the a-bomb has on the economy, drastic measures are required for drastic situations.

I know very well Japan did not surrender after the first detonation , but its my moral decision and frame of mind that says its still wrong.

How can anyone really justify killing 200,000 + people? , and no im not bashing America at all , its just a rhetorical question.

Tuberload

My main point is that how many people do you think could have ended up dieing if it did not happen that way? Hundreds of people were dieing every day. Just imagine if the war dragged on for a few more years. I guess from there it is an opinion though. I personally favor ending the war sooner, and trying to live with the deaths. Either way that is all we can do... Live with it.

Edit: This is the fun forum though so I say we stop being downers. ;D
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

effect

no one said argueing about bombs wasnt fun  :P