• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Bots in Java - info please!

Started by After-Death, January 22, 2004, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

After-Death

Are there any open source bots written in Java?

Im interested in writing a bot in Java but I can't read C or VB particularly well so it would be easier to find a Java bot.

ChR0NiC

I believe.....DM Bot made by Dark Minion is an open source C++ bot.....I do not have the source, because I am not learning C++ but I am sure some people have it,

warz

Quote from: After-Death on January 22, 2004, 07:34 AM

Im interested in writing a bot in Java but I can't read C or VB particularly well so it would be easier to find a Java bot.

He's asking for Java, not C++.

ChR0NiC

Quote from: warz on January 22, 2004, 07:45 AM

Maybe I was informed....but aren't they pretty much the same thing?? This is what I was told.....

iago

Quote from: ChR0NiC on January 22, 2004, 07:48 AM

Quote from: warz on January 22, 2004, 07:45 AM

Maybe I was informed....but aren't they pretty much the same thing?? This is what I was told.....

You were MISinformed.  Although they are similar in many ways, and it's easy to learn one when you know the other, they are by no means the same.

Back to the question - I don't know of any open source Java bots.  I have an open source javabot that only supports chat, if you want.  It's at
http://www.valhallalegends.com/iago/JavaBot.rar or
http://www.valhallalegends.com/iago/JavaBot-gui.rar
Keep in mind that that's a working name, and I'm slowly putting work into making it a real bot, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.  And when it does, it probably won't be opensource.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

ChR0NiC

Is Java supported by any Microsoft based programs? like Visual Java or something

After-Death

Thanks for the source iago, it is quite useful.

Im not sure Im gonna be able to cope with programming a bot though :/

iago

Quote from: ChR0NiC on January 22, 2004, 08:06 AM
Is Java supported by any Microsoft based programs? like Visual Java or something

C# is similar to Java...

I would suggest getting the new java SDK with NetBeans.  NetBeans is the best IDE I've ever used.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

After-Death

I've been using Eclipse .. it seems to do the job.

What java books do you recommend? I have a firm grasp of OOP and basics of programming but I need to get into Java quickly. Unfortunately I haven't found much useful info on the internet, and relevant networking code seems to be scarce (or I'm looking for the wrong stuff).

Kp

Quote from: ChR0NiC on January 22, 2004, 08:06 AM

ugh, Windows kids and graphical everything.  Blech.

If you can stand having a command line interface, there's a java compiler from Sun for Windows (and for other OSes, but since you asked for something Microsoft-based, I assume you want a Windows application).
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

K

Quote from: iago on January 22, 2004, 07:58 AM
...And when it does, it probably won't be opensource.

Just curious; how are you planning on accomplishing that? obfuscation? compiling to native code?

After-Death

Why use a command line when you have a GUI ? It's about programming not being old school.

Anyway.

I ran netbeans and it couldn't load jvm.dll

ObsidianWolf

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/

Look there for help, Im trying to recreate the error myself that you spoke of in hopes of helping you.

No such luck yet, 4 Good Installs.

Question... When Prompted to Save file to disk or Open...

DId you choose save?

Tuberload

I am working on a guide to creating Battle.net bots. All examples will be written in Java to start with, so when it is released it may be of some help to you.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown