• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Forgot where I saw this..

Started by SNiFFeR, January 18, 2004, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNiFFeR

I know I am sick of server nazi's.

j0k3r

Looks like a fake webhost, or one with insane TOS.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

j0k3r

How long has it been around? That's seems like alot of space/bandwidth for just $5...
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Hitmen

Their website says ©2000-2004, so I'm going to guess they've been around about four years.

j0k3r

Well I can say I was born in 1899, how would you prove I wasn't?
John Vo

Hitmen

Quote from: Hitmen on January 18, 2004, 07:39 PM
Their website says ©2000-2004, so I'm going to guess they've been around about four years.

j0k3r

And I'm telling you and everyone else on this forum your guess is wrong.
John Vo

Hitmen

But you don't know either, so who are you to guess?!?!

j0k3r

Oh I do know, there are hundreds of sites like this out there, which offer you cheap space/bandwidth and then run with your money or just shut down your site for violating some insane TOS. At that rate they would oversell in about 2 months.
John Vo

Hitmen

I dunno, I've seen those banners on ctrlaltdel for quite a while.

j0k3r

It doesn't mean they won't scam people.
John Vo

hismajesty

Quote from: j0k3r on January 19, 2004, 10:36 PM

Nor does it mean they will.

GoSS

Usually they don't scam you, but there's a good chance they wont give you as much WebSpace or bandwidth per month.  And sometimes the sites are down 99% of the time.  Go to www.simonweb.com for good web hosting thats legit.

j0k3r

Quote from: hismajesty on January 20, 2004, 08:20 AM
Quote from: j0k3r on January 19, 2004, 10:36 PM

Nor does it mean they will.
If they are overselling space/bandwidth or have some sort of TOS trick, they will scam you. I don't see any way that they can afford to provide that much space as such a low cost, look at anywhere else, the price is much higher for less space/bandwidth.

That's not to say that a site that charges you more won't scam, but it's less likely that they are overselling.
John Vo