• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Looking for information on these...

Started by UserLoser., January 18, 2004, 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser.

Looking for information on these formats, and when these BNCS packets are seen; they are before my time so i've never seen them but I know they exist:

0x04
0x17
0x1B
0x23
0x24
0x3F
0x42

Edit: I have all these packet's names, looking for their formats, even if they don't exist anymore!!!

Soul Taker

Didn't 0x1b request a list of available servers?  Just popped into my head, could be totally wrong!

Skywing

Quote from: Soul Taker on January 18, 2004, 03:04 PM
Didn't 0x1b request a list of available servers?  Just popped into my head, could be totally wrong!
No.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Skywing on January 18, 2004, 03:11 PM
No.

Care to explain?

DarkMinion

Most of those are completely undocumented on BNLS, and I haven't ever seen but one of them, and I doubt you have either.

The ones that are documented, however, are level 3 access packets so I'm not going to divulge that info...

Dark-Feanor

The ones that are documented, however, are level 3 access packets so I'm not going to divulge that info...
wow, that sounds important.
- Feanor[xL]
clan exile
Firebot
iago: "caps lock is like cruise control for cool"

UserLoser.

Quote from: DaRk-FeAnOr on January 18, 2004, 06:19 PM
wow, that sounds important.

Well, I found out one of them from somebody, doesn't really seem that important if it doesn't exist any more and consists of a string only :P

ChR0NiC

UserLoser is a YaBB GoD??? Awwww.......
*jealousy rising*  :-[

Tuberload

Quote from: ChR0NiC on January 19, 2004, 07:10 PM
UserLoser is a YaBB GoD??? Awwww.......
*jealousy rising*  :-[

Points to his posts amount. Now divide the number of useful posts by that amount and you have how useful he is. ;D
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: UserLoser. on January 18, 2004, 03:28 PM
No.

Care to explain?
0x0B is the channel list request.

I'm also pretty sure 0x42 has something to do with Blizzard Reps, but I could be wrong..

dxoigmn

Quote from: R.a.B.B.i.T on January 19, 2004, 08:08 PM
Quote from: UserLoser. on January 18, 2004, 03:28 PM
No.

Care to explain?
0x0B is the channel list request.

I'm also pretty sure 0x42 has something to do with Blizzard Reps, but I could be wrong..

0x04 - SID_SERVERLIST Used in the old days I believe.
0x17 - SID_QUERYMEM
0x1B - SID_GAMEDATAADDRESS
0x23 - SID_SETCOOKIE
0x24 - SID_GETCOOKIE
0x3F - SID_STARTVERSIONING2 D2 beta?  Not sure though.
0x42 - SID_CDKEY3 D2 beta?  Not sure though.

Arta

It doesn't; I use SID_CDKEY for JSTR. I didn't realise you could use anything else :)

Arta

dxoigmn

Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 20, 2004, 04:42 AM
It doesn't; I use SID_CDKEY for JSTR. I didn't realise you could use anything else :)
Oh yes, my error.  I forgot.  I haven't actually look at the thing in awhile and I don't even have the SNP.  Maybe it was for D2 beta too?  Note sure.  It's obsolete AFAIK.

Skywing

SID_CDKEY3 was used for early versions of D2XP before the new auth system was put into place (it had support for including two CD-keys).