• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Started by UserLoser., January 09, 2004, 07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser.

According to this new little thinger my brother somehow installed in IE, there's this new toolbox, and it displays the rank by popularity of the site you're viewing...  How accurate can this be?

http://ranking.websearch.com/SiteInfo.aspx?url=forum.valhallalegends.com is where it leads to

Grok

That's the rank of the website as visited by all the stupid people who install that WebBar.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Grok on January 09, 2004, 08:58 PM
That's the rank of the website as visited by all the stupid people who install that WebBar.

i come home from school (brother gets early dismissal), i go on the computer, is ee new desktop background, new theme or something on IE (all has to do with cars), and theres 3 new toolbars installed

Spht

It sends every page you visit to websearch.com so they can maintain accurate statistics of where stupid people on the internet go. Destroy it!

iago

Perhaps you should disable active x controls?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hostile

yep, sadly all of those hits are from you since you're the only one dumb enough to install it lol
- Hostile is sexy.

Tuberload

Quote from: Hostile on January 09, 2004, 11:35 PM
yep, sadly all of those hits are from you since you're the only one dumb enough to install it lol

It's sad, but I doubt he's the only one...
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Stealth

Time to break out Ad-Aware and Spybot. :)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Zakath

Hmm...according to Alexa, valhallalegends.com ranks 2,326,358th.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Denial

The company creator of Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft. Offers news, job opportunities, official press releases, and game information.
Avg. Review for Blizzard Entertainment:
Traffic Rank for Blizzard Entertainment: 959
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Naem

yahoo #1
msn #2

nothing new =[
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

iago

Quote from: Naem on January 12, 2004, 12:42 AM
yahoo #1
msn #2

nothing new =[

I wouldn't doubt that.  People who tend to be dumb enough to install spyware like that are the same people who use those sites :)

Hostile

Not true, I keep MSN as my homepage for good reason. Mostly because I can quickly then glance over current news and not be totally oblivious to the strange place I like to call, the 'outside world'. Kind of forces me to pay attention to certain things, rather then having my home page as google which would be my second choice.
- Hostile is sexy.

iago

I don't know what my starting page is, I tend to click "My Computer" and type a site in the address bar.  Generally I look at cnn.com at least once/day, and I get breaking news and offbeat news alerts mailed to me :)