• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Desktop War!

Started by Thing, January 08, 2004, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 01, 2004, 02:21 PM
Woo, December means new desktop time: Here it is, and yea, the lights blink. :)

I'd kill myself.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

Why? It's changed now, anyway.

Meh

Trust, what Plugins do you use, for the calender and weather please? my calender and weather wouldnt work :(

hismajesty

Those are both for Konfabulator.

Mitosis

Bah, another rippof of OS X!

hismajesty

Quote from: Mitosis on December 01, 2004, 06:09 PM

Konfabulator? Maybe because the programmers were once employed by an Apple subcompany and are all Mac enthusiasts. The program was made for Macs and was then ported to Windows.

Mitosis

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 01, 2004, 06:49 PM
Quote from: Mitosis on December 01, 2004, 06:09 PM

Konfabulator? Maybe because the programmers were once employed by an Apple subcompany and are all Mac enthusiasts. The program was made for Macs and was then ported to Windows.

Not saying it to that, we must have been writing our posts at the same time and you posted before me. I was directing that towards Masons post.

hismajesty

Then what are you talking about? My desktop seems to be that of the discussion, are you saying that Apple invented calendars and the weather?

Thing

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 01, 2004, 07:30 PM
Then what are you talking about? My desktop seems to be that of the discussion, are you saying that Apple invented calendars and the weather?

Actually, I think Microsoft has a patent on the word "weather" and you probably owe them royalties for using it in a sentence.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

hismajesty

Thing

That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

iago

Quote from: Thing on December 01, 2004, 08:54 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 01, 2004, 08:36 PM
So do you! :(
FUCK!

I'd bet that Bell put a copyright on "FUCK" in the old days, since that was the original Unix developers' catch phrase :)

hismajesty

UserLoser.

12-02-2004

Yeah, that's Noodlez' picture

iago

I am trying out some new dockapps in a pilot stage:
http://www.valhallalegends.com/iago/linux15.jpg

The first ons is a handy dandy calculator.  I was hoping for one that was just like a pocket calculator, where I could just click the buttons, and it woudl show up on a little screen.  One of those DOES exist, but the original site it was on is dead, and I'm not seeing any mirrors.  But this one lets me right-click, and it brings up a little window where I can do calculations, and it saves them there.  It's not bad, it can do hex and octal too, and apparently some functions.

Then I have one that just displays my workspaces.  It also has bubble-help things so I can see the name when I mouseover.  I'm so used to control-alt-left and right, I dont' think I'll ever use this much.  But we'll see.

Third, I have a mounter majigger.  It lets me mount/umount/eject my cdrom drive with one *clickety*.  It also shows me the space remaining on my mounts, if I go left and right.  Optionally, it changes it automatically every couple seconds, but I don't hold with that.  I might try it out later, though :)

|