• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Desktop War!

Started by Thing, January 08, 2004, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

Quote from: Hazard on June 14, 2004, 06:17 PM
I've always been curious just where that background photo Joker is using was taken, whenever I see that I kinda wonder about it. I would guess that its somewhere in the Carribean...

That's a default Windows XP background :)

And btw, Maphacking is lame :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

K

Quote from: iago on June 14, 2004, 04:38 PM
K - eww@running as Administrator.  Totally not safe, but everybody does it :(

No offense, but I'm not everyone.  I don't think I've gotten any malware besides spyware that installs itself with programs in over 2 years.  I don't want to have to set up a power user account or "run as administrator" every time I want to install something.

Hazard

Quote from: iago on June 14, 2004, 07:31 PM

That's a default Windows XP background :)

Yea but it doesn't answer the question where the shot was taken.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

j0k3r

My desktop is Azul, when I first loaded WinXP it was Bliss.

Yes, steam blows, even though it's been much improved. I do like it a little better than the old system though because you can see if friends are online before joining a server, and it's a little program instead of full screen game. I used to hate opening up CS just to find my favourites all full.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

hismajesty

Probably Costa Azul (Portugal)

Hazard

It looks way to tropical to be Portugal...

Mephisto

j0k3r

W..T...F. Shakira is UGLY, where are your desktop icons, and for the sake of sanity shut down your programs! If I have more than 4 windows open at any time I start shutting things down...
* j0k3r shudders
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Falcon[anti-yL]

Holy shit thats alot of programs and only 2 desktop icons?

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on June 17, 2004, 05:25 AM
W..T...F. Shakira is UGLY, where are your desktop icons, and for the sake of sanity shut down your programs! If I have more than 4 windows open at any time I start shutting things down...
* j0k3r shudders

haha, agreed on everything there.

<edit> Except for lack of programs -- he has them on the bar at the bottom.  I do that too, except I tend to dump off stuff on my desktop and clean it up when it gets messy.

Hazard

I'd bet anything that you need a sundial to run programs on that computer...

hismajesty

I dump stuff on my desktop and then when I 'organize' it, it all goes into my 'Stuff' folder. I couldn't stand all those open programs, since #1 it's ugly and #2 I don't like my taskbar to be enlarged.

Mephisto

I don't mind...Personally I find it annoying to have to re-open things.  Besides, you have to reboot more often if you open and close your programs all of the time.  ;)  Icons are ugly btw...I keep my desktop clean.  Everything is properly organized in the folder Files and many sub-directories exist for further organization...Kind of like Yoni's Misc folder, but better.

Edit:  Shakira is damn sexy.  I can't believe you think she's "ugly" you bastard.  You must be gay, you too iago...If it wasn't Shakira you'd think she's hot if you were straight huh?

Hitmen

Quote from: Mephisto on June 17, 2004, 12:09 PM
Edit:  Shakira is damn sexy.  I can't believe you think she's "ugly" you bastard.  You must be gay, you too iago...If it wasn't Shakira you'd think she's hot if you were straight huh?
It's called personal taste. You don't have to be a homosexual to think that the whore is ugly.

iago

Quote from: Mephisto on June 17, 2004, 12:09 PM
Besides, you have to reboot more often if you open and close your programs all of the time.  ;)

Huh?

|