• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Desert Combat

Started by Arta, January 03, 2004, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arta

For anyone who doesn't know, it's a mod for Battlefield 1942: www.desertcombat.com.

This is one of those rare mods that's just better than the original game. Who else has BF1942? Who else plays DC? I propose that we run a DC server if any member has the resources and inclincation, this game is brilliant.

In short: DC > GR :)

j0k3r

Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 03, 2004, 01:44 PM
This is one of those rare mods that's just better than the original game.
Only other game I think of off the top of my head with a mod is Half-Life, and Counter-Strike beats the crap out of the original.

Do alot of people play it? I'm getting a new game soon, selling off my D2 stuff.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Hitmen

Quote from: j0k3r on January 03, 2004, 02:23 PM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 03, 2004, 01:44 PM
This is one of those rare mods that's just better than the original game.
Only other game I think of off the top of my head with a mod is Half-Life, and Counter-Strike beats the crap out of the original.

Do alot of people play it? I'm getting a new game soon, selling off my D2 stuff.
Really? Name a game off the top of your head and I bet there's at least a mod or two for it.

iago

Chances are, it's a third party mod not supported by the company who made it.  Halflife is different because it encourages mods.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Mitosis

Arta I play Battle Field 1842, Desert Combat and Road to Rome. (Mainly DC though). Sure Ill be willing to play with yeah.

warz

Arta

Yes you must! Excellent, Mitosis. Lots of people play DC. We should all join them!

gogo.

SNiFFeR

I have BF1942 but nobody to play with  :-[

Trance

I should also attempt to purchase this game!

Arta