• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

"Search" as default instead of "Open", haunted by stupid MS dog avatar

Started by ______, December 31, 2003, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

______

My Problem:
Whenever I Right Click on a Folder, Any File, Search... is at the top of the Menu. When I double click on the item, Search comes up instead of the Item. I want to remove Search... !
The Right Click on Folder
Search Keeps Comming Up

I Tried:
In Regedit, Making a backup of Folder under Classes_Root, then removing it, Search... did not go away. Then restored the folder

Opened Control Panel -> Folder Options -> File Types -> Selected Folder -> Advanced
Only Content was Open , so i set that as defualt and applyied, nothing happend.

Running Anti-Virus, nothing found
and a spybot, just some ad's found

[Yoni Edit: Changed subject from "I need Help" to something more descriptive.]

Adron

Look for entries under "*" ?

______

I deleted that folder, drives, directory also ,search... was still up there, then restored them as well.

Stealth

Here's your solution:

Open My Computer. Under the Tools menu, choose Folder Options.

Click the 'File Types' tab, and scroll down to the entry labeled 'Folder'. It's near the top, with the (NONE) extensions.

Click on it, then click the button labeled 'Advanced'. You'll see a list similar to what I have below. Click on 'open' in the list, then click the 'Set Default' button.

Click 'OK', then 'Close' on the Folder Options dialog, and you should be set. HTH. :)

Edit: Note: this should probably be in General Computing. :P
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Yoni

Quote from: Stealth on January 01, 2004, 03:59 PM
Note: this should probably be in General Computing. :P
Thanks for the observation :)

Stealth

I got rid of the MS dog avatar somehow.. I don't remember exactly what I did, I think TweakXP did away with it. Thank God.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Skywing

Quote from: Stealth on January 01, 2004, 05:17 PM
I got rid of the MS dog avatar somehow.. I don't remember exactly what I did, I think TweakXP did away with it. Thank God.
You can just click on 'change preferences' in the search screen to remove it...