• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Phone

Started by iago, December 23, 2003, 07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Don't you just hate it when you dial a phone number, then forget who you're phoning?  Even worse, when you phone somebody, and somebody who doesn't live there picks up the phone and confuses you?

I just called my dad, and my stepmom's sister answered, I had to stop and think "Hi, is, uhhhhhhh, Ron there?"
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

Are you all named Ron?

But yes, forgetting can be annoying. Luckily, I don't forget who I'm phoning.

iago

Quote from: Adron on December 23, 2003, 07:51 PM
Are you all named Ron?

Yeah, everybody in Canada is.  Well, just me, my dad, an uncle, both my grandpas.  It's a popular name!  :)

Spht

Quote from: iago on December 23, 2003, 09:43 PM
Quote from: Adron on December 23, 2003, 07:51 PM
Are you all named Ron?

Yeah, everybody in Canada is.  Well, just me, my dad, an uncle, both my grandpas.  It's a popular name!  :)

Good thing you clarified that because I don't know any Ron's besides you.

MrRaza

Ron, isn't a popular name.

jamie, Rob(or Robert or Bobby or Bob) are.
same with adam, kelly, ashley and a few others.

Soul Taker

iago

Ok, maybe it's just a popular name in Winnipeg.  It must be the weather, or some pollutant in the drinking water, or something.  I know 5 in my immediate family (grandpas, uncle, dad, myself), and a manager at Safeway, and at least 4 others.  I would hazard to guess that I know more people named Ron than named anything else (except, possibly, Ken.  There are two people who work nightcrew [well, not anymore] named Ken MacDonald.. or KennyMac.  THAT's confusating!).

Daniel

whats worse is when your ringing someone and you ring the wrong nunber, like you aunty and your like, uhhh hi just ringing to say hi.. bye!

Hostile

No, this takes a bit of arrogance and luckily I've never done it but I probably could've a couple times. Dialing the wrong number on accident (possibly due to habit with a frequently called number) and having someone wrong pick up when you say something before saying Hi or whatever that would be totally inappropriate to anyone besides the person to intended to answer the phone.
- Hostile is sexy.

warz

Quote from: Hostile on December 29, 2003, 02:25 PM
No, this takes a bit of arrogance and luckily I've never done it but I probably could've a couple times. Dialing the wrong number on accident (possibly due to habit with a frequently called number) and having someone wrong pick up when you say something before saying Hi or whatever that would be totally inappropriate to anyone besides the person to intended to answer the phone.

I dont quite understand what you're trying to say.

Daniel

as in your ringing your mate, but you dial the wrong number and go "Fuck man thought you said you where gonna call me back"
been there done that
i feel your pain Hostile

iago

Quote from: Daniel on December 29, 2003, 03:23 PM
as in your ringing your mate, but you dial the wrong number and go "Fuck man thought you said you where gonna call me back"
been there done that
i feel your pain Hostile

"Ring your mate" .. sounds like some kind of gay thing.

But my grandma has, several times, phoned my house, I picked up, she said, "Gail?" (that's my aunt)

hismajesty

Don't any of you use the word 'called'?  :P

iago

Quote from: hismajesty on December 29, 2003, 05:47 PM
Don't any of you use the word 'called'?  :P

No, called sounds silly.  I can call somebody without using a phone, but I can't phone somebody without a phone.

Meh

I use the would called. E.g "I will call you after". or "I callled Dave today".