• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

vL CS Server

Started by CupHead, December 21, 2003, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hostile

Quote from: MrRaza on December 23, 2003, 12:35 PM
wasn't connected to the WON master servers, so no one outside of the forum(basically) would know about it. I used to play on it all the time and I would mind if it was put-back up again.

Actually, though thats a good point and I'm not sure if anyone considered that. It wasn't connected to WON because none of us had CD-Keys lol

Denial: You post here, you use botnet I think and if you browse the web site/look or use webchannel/use bnls or have ever played on the UT server, you have Thing to thank.
- Hostile is sexy.

j0k3r

Because of 1.6, everything has to be done through steam(ing POS). Packets sent to the server might not be accepted because of some sort of authentication crap...

Unless it's running 1.5 then I wouldn't even suggest playing it.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

MrRaza

I enjoy 1.5 more than 1.6.

Denial

Quote from: Hostile on December 25, 2003, 07:33 PM

Denial: You post here, you use botnet I think and if you browse the web site/look or use webchannel/use bnls or have ever played on the UT server, you have Thing to thank.

I hardly use botnet just for webbot :) and yes THank you Think for supplying Vl with everything  and I did play the UT server until someone kill my UT and i did play the CS server so yes Thank you Thing   ---Happy Hostile?
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

GoSS

CS is a great game, and I suggest you all start playing if you aren't already!

http://www.steampowered.com/
http://www.counter-strike.net/
1.5 isn't better than 1.6, thats final !

Adron

Playing a game that requires you to download it as you play is yuk.

Acid

Quote from: Adron on January 07, 2004, 12:00 PM
Playing a game that requires you to download it as you play is yuk.

ya, steam sux

j0k3r

Introducing steam when the game was dying was a BAD choice, and 56kers weren't too happy. The game was full of glitches, lag spikes, depency on steam to be running (not very consistent) and hitboxes being screwed up, however they have smoothed that other quite a bit. Half Life 2 and Condition Zero will be steam based too, that is probably why they tested it on an old game such as counter-strike and smoothed anything out.

They're old system was better, this is like a seperate program (has a friend's list, wtf?) that is used to launch counter-strike and do other stuff.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

GoSS

I have been using steam for a couple months, at least, and I have found it to be amazing, yes it disconnects and updates every couple weeks, but wow, the gameplay is definately(Spelling) superior to 1.5

Mitosis

Quote from: GoSS on January 09, 2004, 11:44 AM
I have been using steam for a couple months, at least, and I have found it to be amazing, yes it disconnects and updates every couple weeks, but wow, the gameplay is definately(Spelling) superior to 1.5

How so? Im gunna go run around with a shield and camp in a corner? Great bud. 1.6 just ruined the game. Tons of players world wide have stoped playing because of this patch. Just glad that CS is on Xbox ;)

j0k3r

Not only that, the auto sniper makes the awp look like a staple gun.
John Vo

Adron

Quote from: GoSS on January 09, 2004, 11:44 AM

Steam is superior to 1.5? What does steam have to do with gameplay?

effect

Quote from: j0k3r on January 09, 2004, 04:54 PM
Not only that, the auto sniper makes the awp look like a staple gun.

!very amusing indeed
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Probe

yea, ive noticed alot more people using that annoying rifle

Zerg

1.6 > 1.5 - Shields, autoriffle etc, just more ways to kill baby.

Also: Steam just makes it easier to play with friends(when joining pubs and pugs even with scrims.) Just right click name, and boom!

|