• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

vL CS Server

Started by CupHead, December 21, 2003, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

Quote from: Zerg on January 26, 2004, 11:59 AM
1.6 > 1.5 - Shields, autoriffle etc, just more ways to kill baby.

Also: Steam just makes it easier to play with friends(when joining pubs and pugs even with scrims.) Just right click name, and boom!

Shields sounds like reduction in kill.

Steam makes it so you have to transfer lots of data. Steam makes it bad.

MrRaza

I havent had any problems what so ever. Most of you are just picky about stupid things, Steam has made it easier to choose servers in game, manage your favorites better, and its more clean and relatively fast. I'm on a cable modem and I usually just play in the servers that have less than 30 ping. Sure the auto-sniper is more powerful, but thats part of the game, and killing the people who use the shield is easy.

Edit:
Oh, and most CAL servers have banned the shield, so why worry? And I rarely see people actually using it.

j0k3r

Raza, it is true that steam now is better, however for the first 6months the CS community was cut in half because of how crap steam was. They obviously didn't test enough/properly because the steam servers were constantly overloaded and it always crashed.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Adron

That + Steam sucks for low bandwidth connections.

nexxt

Most servers ban sheild and the gay auto...it takes awhile to get used to 1.6 but once you do its good stuff :|

btw surprised login still works lol

Adron

I tried 1.6 last weekend. I played on a server where shield + awp was banned. It was rather ok.

MrRaza

Is the vL server still up by chance? I'd rather play on vL's server then anywhere else, and thanks Thing, for all your hosting services.

Adron

It's not up. This is because of the need for enough people to play, and not wanting to fill up capacity unless there are enough people for it to be fun.

MrRaza

Well, if it's a fast server, make it connect to the WON Master server so that people from outside the forum connect to it.

j0k3r

Quote from: MrRaza on February 04, 2004, 03:14 PM
Well, if it's a fast server, make it connect to the WON Master server so that people from outside the forum connect to it.
WON is dead, say hello to Steam.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

MrRaza

Just put it online, please.  :)

j0k3r

I don't believe they will be putting it back online due to the fact that the game runs crappy software (steam) and as they said, nobody played it.

I'm sure Thing could be pursuaded by certain incentive$ though ;)
John Vo

Archonist

Actually, I'd be glad to play on the [vL] CS server if you get it back up, 2xX's server is getting boring.

Adron

What's boring about their server?

MrRaza

Probably because he's played it enough to get use to it. It's probably all the same people on it anyways.

|