• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

D2 StatString Update???

Started by ChR0NiC, December 20, 2003, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChR0NiC

When reading the statstring for D2, I am only getting.....
VD2D and PX2D therefore how can I determine what their stats are. So it assumes it's on Open Character. I logged on D2 and these people are using characters. CSB also has this problem, where it thinks everyone has Open Characters. Was there a change somewhere??

UserLoser.

Quote from: ChR0NiC on December 20, 2003, 02:50 PM
When reading the statstring for D2, I am only getting.....
VD2D and PX2D therefore how can I determine what their stats are. So it assumes it's on Open Character. I logged on D2 and these people are using characters. CSB also has this problem, where it thinks everyone has Open Characters. Was there a change somewhere??

Sometimes the realm servers are laggy and it shows characters as open characters, even if they're actually logged onto a character.

ChR0NiC

Meaning, there is basically nothing that can be done?

UserLoser.

Quote from: ChR0NiC on December 20, 2003, 02:54 PM
Meaning, there is basically nothing that can be done?

You can call Blizzard and complain, otherwise you can do nothing about the servers showing you as an open character even though you're actually not

ChR0NiC

It doesn't show me as an open character, it shows other people as open characters. When using StatString to determine their D2 stats, it views them as open characters. Even though they are not.

UserLoser.

Quote from: UserLoser. on December 20, 2003, 02:51 PM

Sometimes the realm servers are laggy and it shows characters as open characters, even if they're actually logged onto a character.

ChR0NiC

But why can I view them as characters on the D2 client....

UserLoser.

Quote from: ChR0NiC on December 20, 2003, 02:59 PM
But why can I view them as characters on the D2 client....

Then maybe CSB has faulty statstring parsing, otherwise you just were on the D2 client at a good time or something

ChR0NiC

Well, the thing is.....I'm most definitely sure it worked like a month ago.....so I thought there was an update which changed something

Kp

If the server is lagging and decides to briefly show them as open characters, it will subsequently broadcast a correction to Diablo II clients.  If you are not logged onto Diablo II, you will not receive the correction notify when it catches up and assigns their proper stats.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!