• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Game Stats

Started by quasi-modo, December 06, 2003, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

I saw in another thread how to get a warcraft three record from battle.net. Anyone know how to do that with starcraft? I have seen on other sites game stats like records, but I was thinking they might just be using a bot and having it update a remote data base or they are running it off of the same box as the data base and are just updateing it. I just wanted to check to see if I could do it without making a bot.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

j0k3r

I'm assuming that you are talking about (forgot his name)'s PHP program, no you don't need a bot, it connects to battle.net and retrieves information, without the use of a bot.

You want to get a second opinion though.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Forged

I wouldnt think so, I would assume they are probally just using blizzard's website that keeps track of everyones stats.  I dont think they do that on starcraft so I highlly doubt it.

Edit woops didnt see the guy ahead of me and his solution makes more sense than mine.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

j0k3r

Actually forged that would be a simpler solution, make a script that goes to the blizzard site, searches for the person and pulls all the information.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Skywing

Quote from: j0k3r on December 07, 2003, 06:36 AM
Actually forged that would be a simpler solution, make a script that goes to the blizzard site, searches for the person and pulls all the information.
I don't think Starcraft stats are available on the Blizzard/Battle.net web sites.

I think your best bet would be to use an anonymous chat gateway connection to Battle.net and issue /stats or /recorddata queries.

For instance...
Quote/recorddata Skywing[vL]
1018 INFO "<record>"
1018 INFO "Name = Skywing[vL]"
1018 INFO "Record\STAR\0\Wins = 7 [0x00000007]"
1018 INFO "Record\STAR\0\Last Game = 2001-05-14 23:39:06 UTC [0x01C0DCCF10ED5255]"
1018 INFO "Record\STAR\0\Last Game Result = "WIN""
1018 INFO "Record\STAR\0\Disconnects = 4 [0x00000004]"
1018 INFO "Record\STAR\0\Losses = 2 [0x00000002]"
1018 INFO "Record\SEXP\0\Last Game = 2001-07-15 01:20:36 UTC [0x01C10CCC5A17166E]"
1018 INFO "Record\SEXP\0\Last Game Result = "WIN""
1018 INFO "Record\SEXP\0\Wins = 310 [0x00000136]"
1018 INFO "Record\SEXP\0\Disconnects = 41 [0x00000029]"
1018 INFO "Record\JSTR\0\Wins = 13627 [0x0000353B]"
1018 INFO "Record\JSTR\0\Last Game = 2001-10-29 20:24:53 UTC [0x01C160B7C456C1CA]"
1018 INFO "Record\JSTR\0\Last Game Result = "WIN""
1018 INFO "Record\JSTR\0\Disconnects = 7 [0x00000007]"
1018 INFO "</record>"

And...

Quote/stats Skywing[vL] SEXP
1018 INFO "Skywing[vL]'s record:"
1018 INFO "Normal games: 310-0-41"
1018 INFO "Ladder games: 0-0-0"

CrAzY

Quote from: peofeoknight on December 06, 2003, 06:56 PM
I saw in another thread how to get a warcraft three record from battle.net. Anyone know how to do that with starcraft?

/stats name@azeroth war3
CrAzY

quasi-modo

well I knew it was possible w/ war 3, I saw that in another thread, I was just wondering about sc. Bliz does have war3 stats (and profiles) on their site, but people do not use these because they can just run a script to get the data from bliz as opposed to opening it in an iframe, it looks nicer. But I was just hopeing it was possible for sc the same way :(. The problem is, I would have to figure out how to make a bot, well a chat bot, update an MsSQL server data base lol. I can run the bot once a day and update all the stats or something real quick or have it just stats each member 5 sec apart or something from the data base and update it starting at 12, i just need to figure out how I would go about making the bot / chat bot    to do it. Anyone got something like that premade where I can type in sql server info? BTW any scripts are helpful, I know some c++ and am learning java so I can phseudo code things to other languages if need be. I am not good enough yet w/ java to make anything functional like a bot though. I can do gui's and the basic scripting, but thats all we have dont in apcomp sci so far, we have not gotten to data bases or the internet (besides how to make crapplets, java has no place being on the internet, the only thing acceptable is an interface w/ the net like a bot, but JSP and applets are ghey!)
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

AssassinRC

The API for fetching WarCraft III stats reads them directly off of the battle.net WarCraft III profiling system so they are 100% realtime and accurate. However, the only way to fetch SC stats is to do as Skywing said and fetch them off of battle.net using stats queries and have the bot send the results back to the web page. Me and Zonker may work on a system like this for the new profiler I am coding.

Skywing

Quote from: AssassinRC on December 11, 2003, 02:03 PM
The API for fetching WarCraft III stats reads them directly off of the battle.net WarCraft III profiling system so they are 100% realtime and accurate. However, the only way to fetch SC stats is to do as Skywing said and fetch them off of battle.net using stats queries and have the bot send the results back to the web page. Me and Zonker may work on a system like this for the new profiler I am coding.
Note that when using the binary interface, it should be possible to query the profiles of many users in one message (though I don't recall the results of testing this, due to my not finding a real application for this feature).  However, it would come in handy for mass queries like this due to the limits on how fast you can send individual messages.

[Game statistics are retrievable via profile requests.]

quasi-modo

so how would I mod a binary chat bot (something like the webbot interface I am guessing) into quering an sql server data base???
WAR EAGLE!

Banana fanna fo fanna

Perhaps write code which inserts/deletes/updates data based on events that occur on battle.net, and read it back out of the database.

The preferred solution, IMO, is to turn your bot into a nice little web service which you can query.

quasi-modo

well I have experience with xml webservices and soap, but I have never modded a bot or made internet aps before. Thats the end I will have problems with  ;D. I need to know how the crap I can do this. I am not good enough w/ java yet to do anything like this, so how would I in vb? winsock I guess right?
WAR EAGLE!

Banana fanna fo fanna

* St0rm.iD points at the BotDev forum :)

You seem knowledgable enough to ask nonstupid questions over there that will be answered :)

ioSys

Members section of http://www.tnschq.cjb.net

1 way of using the stats return from a bot/service like that

rank is based of number of games. each 100 games results in a new rank. nice for clans