Previous topic - Next topic

Banana fanna fo fanna

WHAT!?

LINUX ISN'T PERFECT!?!??!?!?!?!

Kp

Quote from: St0rm.iD on December 02, 2003, 03:25 PM
WHAT!?

Nothing's perfect.  It's worth noting though that the 1) there's already patches available for it and more importantly 2) it's a local-only compromise.   You can only be hurt by people you trust, or by compromise of people you trust (and you really shouldn't be trusting people that can be readily compromised...)  I can't recall the last time I heard about a remote-access privileged compromise for Linux, but I definitely can for Windows. *shrug*
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Adron

Yeah, it's about time they find a bug that's actually in linux :)

This should be similar to one or another of the win2k debugging privileges or similar bugs that have caused kernel replacements.

iago

Quote from: Kp on December 02, 2003, 05:05 PM
Quote from: St0rm.iD on December 02, 2003, 03:25 PM
WHAT!?

Nothing's perfect.  It's worth noting though that the 1) there's already patches available for it and more importantly 2) it's a local-only compromise.   You can only be hurt by people you trust, or by compromise of people you trust (and you really shouldn't be trusting people that can be readily compromised...)  I can't recall the last time I heard about a remote-access privileged compromise for Linux, but I definitely can for Windows. *shrug*

Well, at school they don't trust every student but they give us all Linux accounts.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*