• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tricking people for d2 stuff ( wrong)

Started by Denial, November 30, 2003, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

The newest scam out there that has been going on for a few weeks by c0ke yes hes still on b-net tricking people to go to either of these sites.

Mind you when you go here it will try and download stuff to your computer and then spread it to like 5 different places so before and if you even try to go here make sure your protected.

I believe it's wrong to like trojan/virus peoples computers for this purpose. I thought i would post and see how other people feel about this subject

Edit: It isn't necessary for the links to be here, and its a little dangerous. Lets not supply Mr. c0ke with free promotions.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Paul

Quote from: Denial on November 30, 2003, 01:12 AM
I believe it's wrong to like trojan/virus peoples computers for this purpose. I thought i would post and see how other people feel about this subject

What purpose? Fun factor? All of which I don't agree with when it comes to trojans/virii, however, I just recently released information on a D2 crash exploit for Realms, which is OK in my book considering I posted a fix aswell!

j0k3r

Ah c0ke... I recognize the name...

The easiest way not to get hacked is not to visit sites you don't know about. Idiots are always coming into channels saying 'omg i just got hacked wtf give me some items i have nothing' and it's pathetic.

I agree that it shouldn't be done (by everyone), but it keeps the noobs on the lower rungs of the ladder and and it gets rid of some of the noobs.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

wut

The best virus scanner is called "discretion"

If I have to visit a website that I'm unsure about, I do it on a dummy account with links :D

UserLoser.

The newest scam out there that has been going on for a few weeks by c0ke yes hes still on b-net tricking people to go to either of these sites.

<removed>

Mind you when you go here it will try and download stuff to your computer and then spread it to like 5 different places so before and if you even try to go here make sure your protected.

What a f*cking pussy, play the game and get your own stuff

j0k3r

Coke isn't very interested in D2, just making people unhappy.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Denial

Quote from: Paul on November 30, 2003, 01:54 AM

What purpose? Fun factor? All of which I don't agree with when it comes to trojans/virii, however, I just recently released information on a D2 crash exploit for Realms, which is OK in my book considering I posted a fix aswell!

No i think thats kind of fun to annoy people. Atleast you don't affect their computer or take their names and such through suck a stupid thing which people will never learn to get virus scanners and firewalls.

Mitosis

Shit I just got 5 viruses from it and my norton says it cant be repaired.

j0k3r

Quote from: Mitosis on November 30, 2003, 01:13 PM
Shit I just got 5 viruses from it and my norton says it cant be repaired.
LMFAO@MITOSIS

Man what the hell were you thinking... 'By the way it installs viruses everywhere as soon as you visit it'... 'Ok sounds fun I'll go'
John Vo

Mitosis

thetempest

ya, i agree with Paul, if you crash something and release a patch thats ok.  Just because it's more of an ego thing, ya it was me i did it, and while i have fun with it, you go take this patch and fix the servers so it doesn't ruin the game for everyone.

but to me, stealing account info by setting virus and trojan stuff like that is just wrong.

warz

I don't think it's wrong if you created the trojan yourself, deployed it yourself and kept the profit to yourself. I think it's actually rather fun and interesting. It's pretty addictive, too; expecially with a boring game such as Diablo.

Denial

Warz, you do have a valid point but getting stuff by trojans and viruses. Shouldn't be the way to do it. I mean infecting someones computer then killing it to the point of where it doesn't work anymore? I think that just goes beyond fun when they didn't do anything to you.

He isn't keeping the profit to himself and he even trojaned his own members? now tell me is that morally right to do?

Thing

Peeking at the source of http://<removed> shows that a window containing test.hta is opened.  test.hta source is here http://forum.valhallalegends.com/files/test.hta.htm Once executed, the following files are created:

c:\cmdl32.exe
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\1.MZP
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\1.MZP
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const0.idx - 0 bytes
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const1.idx - 0 bytes
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const.exe
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const1.dat is created upon execution of Win Const.exe and is where all of your keystrokes are logged. :)

The trojan connects to 24.2.211.159 on TCP port 85 where the machines happily chat with each other waiting for the master to take control.

That's all I have time to mess with for now.  I might let it run tonight and see what happens.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.