• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

vL needs a C# forum!

Started by Arthas, November 27, 2003, 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kp

New forums are created when there's enough activity to merit it.  I see no such activity for C#.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

iago

* iago points vaguly towards the Java forum.

Same thing anyway :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Yoni

Quote from: iago on November 28, 2003, 01:55 AM

Same thing anyway :)
+1! Didn't notice we have a Java forum!

CupHead

Quote from: iago on November 28, 2003, 01:55 AM

* CupHead points vaguely towards a dictionary.

Mitosis

Hey this is a question towards you vL members. Are you guys planning to learn C#, have you started already?

Arta

I wouldn't object to c# posts in this forum. Perhaps we could add 'C# discussion is also acceptable' (or somesuch) in the description?

iago

Quote from: Arta[vL] on November 28, 2003, 08:25 AM
I wouldn't object to c# posts in this forum. Perhaps we could add 'C# discussion is also acceptable' (or somesuch) in the description?

It really fits in with either the Java or the C forum, but let's not get into discussing where it should live again ;)

I think that somebody should pick one of those forums for C# and everybody else should be happy about it.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Arta

Quote from: iago on November 28, 2003, 12:36 PM
I think that somebody should pick one of those forums

Consider this one picked, then :P

Grok

Since 90% of C# questions would really be about FCL, should we just create a VS.NET forum?

Tuberload

Quote from: Grok on November 29, 2003, 11:00 AM
Since 90% of C# questions would really be about FCL, should we just create a VS.NET forum?
I think that would be the best idea.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Grok

Maybe make Myndfyre a moderator?  Who else knows .NET well enough to be considered an expert?

Dark-Feanor

C#, J# and Java are the same thing. C# and J# are just Microsoft's IDE compilers of Java. They are ghettoer than Java, since they are not multi-platform.
- Feanor[xL]
clan exile
Firebot
iago: "caps lock is like cruise control for cool"

Tuberload

Quote from: DaRk-FeAnOr on November 29, 2003, 05:54 PM
C#, J# and Java are the same thing. C# and J# are just Microsoft's IDE compilers of Java. They are ghettoer than Java, since they are not multi-platform.

I agree with the undertone of your post, but I would like to hear a little bit more reasoning to why you think this.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Hitmen

C# and J# are not just Java. Similar yes, but not the same thing. iirc, J++ was Microsofts implementation of Java.