• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

You hadn't heard NALOPKT before? I suppose you don't enjoy PEBKAC, either...

brew

I've heard of PEBKAC. But not NALORKT. Regardless, I think PEBKAC should not be an acronym.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

brew

<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Hero

anus is depleted

Thing

That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

MysT_DooM

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

Hero

RiffRiot

I see Verizon has this new internet service called FiOS.  Has anyone tried it yet?  I heard it sucks.

Then again I dislike Verizon for reasons that are unknown, or possibly used to know but have forgotten them.

I hate working with SafeBoot Tech support... *Random*

Yegg

Quote from: RiffRiot on April 16, 2009, 07:19 AM
I see Verizon has this new internet service called FiOS.  Has anyone tried it yet?  I heard it sucks.

Then again I dislike Verizon for reasons that are unknown, or possibly used to know but have forgotten them.

FiOS came out in 2004. I don't remember when I first saw it myself, but it was still over 2 years ago. AFAIK, my COX cable is still more worth it when looking at the cost/speed ratio.

RiffRiot

Quote from: Yegg on April 16, 2009, 09:16 AM

FiOS came out in 2004. I don't remember when I first saw it myself, but it was still over 2 years ago. AFAIK, my COX cable is still more worth it when looking at the cost/speed ratio.

Lol. Yeah, I really paid no attention to when it came out (obviously) and that is probably because as soon as I seen the cost/speed ratio I quickly started reading something more interesting (probably a C# book).

On another note,  Yegg, You're almost at 1337 posts  8)

Yegg

Quote from: RiffRiot on April 16, 2009, 12:11 PM
Quote from: Yegg on April 16, 2009, 09:16 AM

Lol. Yeah, I really paid no attention to when it came out (obviously) and that is probably because as soon as I seen the cost/speed ratio I quickly started reading something more interesting (probably a C# book).

On another note,  Yegg, You're almost at 1337 posts  8)

I know I'm almost at 1337 :). I'll have to start preparing and getting ready for the unofficial ritual when it comes time to make my 1337th post.

Ishbar

I strongly believe Yegg made no such ritual.

Trance

I have it, all I have to say is.. it's a no-brainer.. fiber optics straight to your house, duh?

Anyway here is the major benefits:
Symmetric speeds (i.e. 20mbps up & down).. and you always get these speeds... Oh, and no bandwidth caps or throttling.
Uncompressed HD/SD picture everyone else recompresses the signal and lowers the resolution, FiOS doesn't do that because they have the bandwidth to pass the signal as is. Oh, and 100+ HD channels doesn't hurt either.

Anyway why don't you like Verizon? They're literally the only telecom company that actually puts thought in investing in their infrastructure.. i.e. going to LTE for 4G wireless technology as well as having the largest footprint in the US (LTE will allow Verizon to be GSM compatible thus allowing its users to roam around the world). And of course there is FiOS which is fiber to the home, no other major telecom is doing this.

RiffRiot

Quote from: Trance on May 04, 2009, 06:37 PM

I have it, all I have to say is.. it's a no-brainer.. fiber optics straight to your house, duh?

Anyway here is the major benefits:
Symmetric speeds (i.e. 20mbps up & down).. and you always get these speeds... Oh, and no bandwidth caps or throttling.
Uncompressed HD/SD picture everyone else recompresses the signal and lowers the resolution, FiOS doesn't do that because they have the bandwidth to pass the signal as is. Oh, and 100+ HD channels doesn't hurt either.

Anyway why don't you like Verizon? They're literally the only telecom company that actually puts thought in investing in their infrastructure.. i.e. going to LTE for 4G wireless technology as well as having the largest footprint in the US (LTE will allow Verizon to be GSM compatible thus allowing its users to roam around the world). And of course there is FiOS which is fiber to the home, no other major telecom is doing this.

"Then again I dislike Verizon for reasons that are unknown, or possibly used to know but have forgotten them."

I haven't used their services enough to know for sure but thanks for the info =)  Maybe I will give them a try sometime when I get a new phone or move back in town and get home internet.

SNiFFeR

i need sleep, i havent slept in 3 days.