Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

Here's the story:
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/WinnipegSun/News/2004/11/19/720749.html

The important part is,
Quote"It's either a rat or a squirrel --it's hard to tell which -- that made contact with a power line going into the Edmonton Street Station," said Jim Peters, a spokesman for Manitoba Hydro. "We found a carcass, but I guess there's not a whole lot left. Clearly that was the cause."

And actually, this part:
QuoteAt the Law Courts on York Avenue, sheriffs blocked the entrances and exits to the building because the automatic locks stopped working when the power went out.
I work for the Manitoba Government on York Avenue, exactly across the street from the Law Courts.  When we went downstairs to talk to Building Maintenance, I noticed there was a huge group of people clustered outside the law courts, but I wasn't sure why.  I figured they were just tired of being in the dark.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Eibro

I got a shower with my clothes on last night.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

Warrior

I had to go to a formal party in which I had to wear a tie and my *shudder* church shoes *end shudder* then once my mom said I didnt have to go like I predicted my Grandmother + Uncle dragged her down here to go pick me up and I ended up getting my cheeks pinched and all that good stuff.

Life sucks.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Hitmen

As of friday night, I am missing a chunk of the inside of my bottom lip. Although the inside of your mouth heals surprisingly fast.

Warrior

That party sucked. The food tasted like old dead people (Yes I know what they taste like)
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

warz

My foot.. it is clubbed.

iago

Saliva is a natural coagulant, so it makes sense that it heals fast.

Megadeth and Exodus were awesome last night.  The problem is, and this normally happens to me, I liked the opening band (Exodus) more than the headliners (Megadeth).

That also happened when I went to Ozzy Osbourne.  The bands were:
Soil  -> Mudvayne -> Rob Zombie -> Ozzy
My most to least favourite:
Rob Zombie -> Mudvayne -> Ozzy -> Soil.

Also when I went to a free concert, I forget who else was there, but they were definately better than Matthew Good Band.

Warrior

OT: Today this topic has been open for 1 year .. wtf.

hismajesty

Wow. It's hard to imagine it's been that long, I remember the day Thing opened his forum. :o

New iPod arrived today. :D

Mitosis

iago

First snowfall today.  Everything is white.  November 22 is surprisingly late, we usually have snow by halloween.

hismajesty

First snowfall is still ~2 months away for us.

Thing

That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

j0k3r

We sometimes get flurries between halloween and christmas, but this year it looks like it will be coming early december.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Falcon[anti-yL]

We had a tornado warning for 6 hours over here. It looked like 9 even thought it was only 5pm.

|