• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Packet 0x0C Information

Started by l)ragon, November 17, 2003, 12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l)ragon

Well this is for those of you who have noticed yet.

when logging onto the realm via a "Realm bot", I normaly go to one of the main channels befor I go anywhere else I noticed the main channel was empty? seeing as thats quite imposible for that time of day I so I desided to log in via the client itself, packet logging as I should have before hand anyway, I seen 0x0C is not being sent the way it used to, its sending.

FF 0C
    12 00
    05 00 00 00 <<< 0x05 is what i seen. used to be 0x01
    44 69 61 62 6C 6F 20 49 49 00

Sent after you deside to press the join chat button.

Hope this helps someone else 8p
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Skywing

Quote from: dRAgoN on November 17, 2003, 12:29 AM

when logging onto the realm via a "Realm bot", I normaly go to one of the main channels befor I go anywhere else I noticed the main channel was empty? seeing as thats quite imposible for that time of day I so I desided to log in via the client itself, packet logging as I should have before hand anyway, I seen 0x0C is not being sent the way it used to, its sending.

FF 0C
    12 00

Interesting.  Have you observed any other flags used for SID_JOINCHANNEL?

Maddox

Quote from: UserLoser. on November 17, 2003, 04:46 PM
i've tried using all sorts of flags, even 0xffffffff and it works, doesn't seem to be any apparent difference except these:
0x00 will tell you if a channel doesnt exist, or restricted, or full
0x01 sends to product specific channel
0x02 somewhat of a force join, or to create channels if 0x00 doesn't send you to a channel. can be used to join channels such as warez.
0x03+ believe they all function the same as 0x01 flagged join

0x02 is used to join channels directly, such as when a Starcraft user exits a game and joins the same channel they were in last. According to what dragon is saying your theory on flags with values over 3 is incorrect.
asdf.

l)ragon

Quote from: Skywing on November 17, 2003, 06:47 AM
Quote from: dRAgoN on November 17, 2003, 12:29 AM

FF 0C
    12 00

Interesting.  Have you observed any other flags used for SID_JOINCHANNEL?

Didn't realy look any further into it just yet, I haven't realy had the time to realy have a good look at any logs but will let you know if I do when I have the chance.

Thx Grok ;p
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Arta

They're flags. 3 is a combination of one and two. They behave like any other flags would when checked using bitwise operators - if you set the field to 0xffffffff, it will behave the same as 0x00000003, because the 1st and 2nd bits (starting from 0 and counting from right to left) are 1 in both cases.