• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Packet 0x59 Information

Started by eRRoR, November 01, 2003, 04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eRRoR

I am trying to emulate Diablo II's email registration function.
Right after I send 0x51, I send the registation packet:

InsertNonNTString varEmail
SendPacket &H59

However, after 0x59 is sent, I am disconnected and IP banned from Battle.net.
I've tried packetlogging and it looks to me like I am doing everything right. I am doing it the exact same way UserLoser said it is done in another thread.
Has anyone worked with 0x59 and knows how to send it?

Any help is appriciated.

Edit: Spelling error

iago

I wish I could help more, but my advice is that, if you have the official client, packetlog that and make sure it's the same as yours.

Also, make sure you're logged in with Diablo 2 or LoD .. but that should be too obvious :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Banana fanna fo fanna

Are you sure it isn't an NTString (note I know nothing about that packet)

UserLoser

Quote from: St0rm.iD on November 01, 2003, 09:45 AM
Are you sure it isn't an NTString (note I know nothing about that packet)

Yep, it is null terminated

Quote from: eRRoR on November 01, 2003, 04:53 AMI am doing it the exact same way UserLoser said it is done in another thread.

Usually when people just say STRING, it's null terminated, unless stated otherwise

eRRoR

I've tried it with an NTString aswell, with the same IP ban.

Sadly, I don't have the D2 game anymore. Could someone packet log it and see if I am doing it right?

(NTSTRING) emailaddress
(PACKET) 0x59

Isn't that it? I send that after 0x51 right?

I am still getting IP banned.

Skywing

Quote from: eRRoR on November 01, 2003, 11:33 PM
I've tried it with an NTString aswell, with the same IP ban.

Sadly, I don't have the D2 game anymore. Could someone packet log it and see if I am doing it right?

(NTSTRING) emailaddress
(PACKET) 0x59

Isn't that it? I send that after 0x51 right?

I am still getting IP banned.
If you have already registered an e-mail address for that account, re-registering will probably result in a ban.

Soul Taker

Yes, he should only be sending it in response to a packet sent by the server if you have not registered yet (logically I'd say it's 0x59, but I don't recall so don't blame me if it's wrong =P)

eRRoR

The account isn't registered yet. I still get 0x59 sent when I login.

Still not working...

Dyndrilliac

Do you have to be logging in with D2 for 0x59 to work? Or can you send it with any client, its just naturally sent with D2?
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

botmaster

i got it just about working i just did on recv data looked for packet &H59 and then it sends that but still gets my ipbanned :-/

botmaster

got it working...but now how can i bypass it so I dont have to give them a email?

InsertNonNTString ""
SendPacket &H59

won't work.

iago

Quote from: botmaster on November 12, 2003, 12:17 PM
got it working...but now how can i bypass it so I dont have to give them a email?

InsertNonNTString ""
SendPacket &H59

won't work.

IntertNonNTString "[email protected]"?

botmaster

all i did was make it gen random names then i just added @hotmail.com i guess that will do for now.

iago

Soul Taker

Quote from: botmaster on November 12, 2003, 12:40 PM
all i did was make it gen random names then i just added @hotmail.com i guess that will do for now.
Would be hilarious if one of those random accounts existed, and someone then got your password via password recovery.