• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Diablo 2 patch 1.10 is out!

Started by Yoni, October 28, 2003, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoni

The 1.10 patch has been released for Diablo II and Lord of Destruction.

The new version byte is 0x0A.

BNLS has been updated with the new version byte and with the D2XP hash files.
The D2DV hash files will be updated in a few twinklings.

Skywing

D2DV support for BNLS has been updated.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Etheran

Don't you just love that quick response to the patch?  Good job and keep up the good work.

UserLoser

I'm sure theres new changes in statstrings and such, and the realm, has anyone looked into this yet?  - I'm supposed to be grounded from the computer for a month, so I don't have much time :'(

iago

The old statstring parsing seems to work fine, but I'm sure there's some change due to ladder play and such.

and incidently, LMAO@Being grounded.  I can safely say I've never been grounded any time for any reason :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

K

Quote from: iago on October 28, 2003, 06:26 PM
and incidently, LMAO@Being grounded.  I can safely say I've never been grounded any time for any reason :)

Then you've never had enough fun!

Hitmen

Quote from: K on October 28, 2003, 06:28 PM
Quote from: iago on October 28, 2003, 06:26 PM

Then you've never had enough fun!
No matter how much fun you have, you won't get grouded if your parents don't care! :P

My parents rule.

UserLoser

Because of grades.  I have done some research into this so far.

0x59 - > Server
(STRING) Email address

- Register's your account's e-mail address
Server-> No response from server, if you recieve an 0x59 with no data, it means your account has not been registered with an email address yet

0x5B - > Server
(STRING) Account name
(STRING) Old email address
(STRING) New email address

- Changes your account's email address
Server-> No response if successfully changed, havn't tried with false email addresses

0x40 - > Server

- No data
Server-> Realm list and description

0x40 - byte for ladder characters (like 0x04 is hardcore, 0x20 is expansion)

Add to BnetDocs!

Skywing

Note that the e-mail messages replace SID_AUTH_RECONNECT, SID_AUTH_RECONNECTPROOF, and SID_AUTH_DISCONNECT.  I consider this fairly conclusive evidence that the automatic reconnect feature has been scrapped by Blizzard.

UserLoser

Quote from: Skywing on October 28, 2003, 07:15 PM
Note that the e-mail messages replace SID_AUTH_RECONNECT, SID_AUTH_RECONNECTPROOF, and SID_AUTH_DISCONNECT.  I consider this fairly conclusive evidence that the automatic reconnect feature has been scrapped by Blizzard.

What exactly were those packets formats, and how were they used?

j0k3r

Well, even though I don't use BNLS, kudos to Skywing and Yoni for a VERY quick recovery.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Arta

Does D2XP have a new version byte too?

Yoni

Quote from: UserLoser on October 28, 2003, 07:19 PM
What exactly were those packets formats, and how were they used?
They were never used, nor implemented.
They were only named, and hypotheses were made about their intended uses based on their names.
Blizzard gave that up apparently, oh well.

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 29, 2003, 04:36 AM
Does D2XP have a new version byte too?
Yes. Both D2DV and D2XP now use the version byte 0x0A.

talon60k

what did they change about the realm request packet? I keep getting denied