• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Outlook is stupid.

Started by Skywing, October 27, 2003, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skywing

Despite my having set my system to be in a non-DST timezone, Outlook felt the need to shift all of my calendar items over one hour, apparently expecting the system clock to get shifted too.  What a major nuisance...

Yoni

My calendar is managed by Notepad.

iago

Mine is managed by a mechanical pencil.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

That sounds strange. I thought it'd store them in GMT, and then it wouldn't matter if you used DST or not, no need to ever shift anything...

iago

Well, there is technically a shift every time he reads them out of his calender and has to convert them to his local time :P

And we don't have the convenience of living within a couple hours of GMT, ~9 hours is a lot to use sometimes.

hismajesty

I do not use a calendar...I just hope I remember stuff. (I usually fail btw)  :P

MyndFyre

Outlook is stupid, at least to me, cuz... well, I want to keep my email.  I can't count the number of times I've had to refer back to emails a year or more past.

That said, when I'm downloading email, the computer nearly stops responding as (apparently) Outlook continually has to resize its data store.  All I can hear is my hard drive clattering nonstop, and occasionally my laptop fan turns on just from checking my email.

It's somewhat ridiculous.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

I've never had any of those problems.  Outlook keeps my email, and downloads emails just fine.

Eibro

I don't have Outlook; and Outlook Express has been a security pain the past, so I use Thunderbird.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.