• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

^%#$#

Started by j0k3r, October 09, 2003, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0k3r

My internet 'coincidentally' went down the same day that my dad emssed around with the cables in my house and my router, they have to analyze the line and come and fix the line (which is on loan from sympatico), which will be another 2 days.

My point?
1. My internet is down and I want to die.
2. Sympatico sucks.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Hazard

Why is it that so many around here want to die when they loose their ability to connect to the internet?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

drivehappy

Consider yourself lucky. I'm living in the dorms and my university blocks battlenet ports, filesharing (which I don't care much about) and runs at only 30k/s on average - yesterday it was running at 3k/s. I've learned to live with it though, I can use it at like 1am and get 500k/s for downloading large files, but I can't play D2 or W3 at all.

iago

Quote from: drivehappy on October 09, 2003, 12:27 PM
Consider yourself lucky. I'm living in the dorms and my university blocks battlenet ports, filesharing (which I don't care much about) and runs at only 30k/s on average - yesterday it was running at 3k/s. I've learned to live with it though, I can use it at like 1am and get 500k/s for downloading large files, but I can't play D2 or W3 at all.

You can change the war3 port from the options menu.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

dxoigmn

Wow that sucks.  Here (Dartmouth) they don't block anything, but rather place priority on certain packets coming from certain ports (e.g. kazaa, dc, etc..) for outgoing traffic.  What's nice is the students have setup a DC hub and we just share stuff that way, only problem is someone usually has to buy the cd.  Download speed is pretty damn quick for most sites too, especially microsoft ( http://swarm.webhostme.com/fastdownload.jpg ).

iago

Quote from: kamakazie on October 10, 2003, 07:31 AM

Wow that sucks.  Here (Dartmouth) they don't block anything, but rather place priority on certain packets coming from certain ports (e.g. kazaa, dc, etc..) for outgoing traffic.  What's nice is the students have setup a DC hub and we just share stuff that way, only problem is someone usually has to buy the cd.  Download speed is pretty damn quick for most sites too, especially microsoft ( http://swarm.webhostme.com/fastdownload.jpg ).

You seriously live in Dartmouth?  Do you know Eibro? :-)

Zakath

There are multiple Dartmouths, iago. Chances are it isn't the same one. :P
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Eibro

Judging by his location, Zakath is right, it's not the same one :)
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Zakath on October 10, 2003, 09:01 AM
There are multiple Dartmouths, iago. Chances are it isn't the same one. :P

I'd like to think I live in the better one :P

drivehappy

Quote from: iago on October 09, 2003, 04:54 PMYou can change the war3 port from the options menu.

That port change only affects the connection when you create games.

Newby

Quote from: Hazard on October 09, 2003, 09:50 AM
Why is it that so many around here want to die when they loose their ability to connect to the internet?

They're addicted .. :'(
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

iago

Quote from: drivehappy on October 11, 2003, 08:35 PM
Quote from: iago on October 09, 2003, 04:54 PMYou can change the war3 port from the options menu.

That port change only affects the connection when you create games.

Then only create games?

Adron

Quote from: iago on October 12, 2003, 07:09 AM
Then only create games?

Well, war3 connects to b.net on a fixed port and if that is blocked, you can't play on b.net?

iago

Quote from: Adron on October 12, 2003, 08:51 AM
Quote from: iago on October 12, 2003, 07:09 AM
Then only create games?

Well, war3 connects to b.net on a fixed port and if that is blocked, you can't play on b.net?

Ah, good point.  Oh well :)

j0k3r

Didn't go off topic or anything did it? I still don't have my net back (found out it was my modem that broke, 'coincidentally'(*2) the same day my dad was screwing around with my network.

2 weeks to deliver a modem... next monday.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo