• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNLS Response Ports

Started by MyndFyre, September 18, 2003, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Hey fellas,

How do I know ahead of time what port BNLS will reply to?  I've been examining packet captures, wondering why I haven't received the reply, and lo, I am consistently on the wrong port.  Aside from the random times when I'll get lucky, how can I fix this?

Thanks!

--Rob
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Camel

By using the correct port (9367).

QuoteBNLS General Info
-----------------

The BNLS server listens on TCP/IP port 9367.
The official BNLS server is bnls.valhallalegends.com.

http://www.valhallalegends.com/yoni/BNLSProtocolSpec.txt

Spht

Quote from: Myndfyre on September 18, 2003, 11:55 AM
Hey fellas,

How do I know ahead of time what port BNLS will reply to?  I've been examining packet captures, wondering why I haven't received the reply, and lo, I am consistently on the wrong port.  Aside from the random times when I'll get lucky, how can I fix this?

Thanks!

--Rob

Try filtering to the static remote port (9367) instead of local port which changes depending on free ports on your system.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Spht on September 18, 2003, 12:54 PM
Try filtering to the static remote port (9367) instead of local port which changes depending on free ports on your system.

I found it....  .NET sockets implementation just uses a random port, but since I needed to listen to your server's response, I needed to first bind to the local port.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Yoni

That's a bad idea.

Follow Spht's suggestion instead.