• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

CD-Key Generator Discussion

Started by Lenny, August 24, 2003, 01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arta

UserLoser: Most of those keys will be invalid. They'd get past the installer, but not past Batle.net.

UnderCover: You're wasting your time. To my knowledge, no one knows the algorithm for generating valid CD keys except Blizzard, and since Battle.net IPBans you for supplying an invalid key, trying to test randomly generated ones would be a futile excersise. I'd find something better to do, if I were you.

Banana fanna fo fanna

If you're serious about a key generator, there are several "alternative" ways you can go about it.

Perhaps the easiest way would be to circumvent the firewall and access Blizzard's internal corporate network (not hard, as they use outlook). From there, located their SCCS and download the Battle.net source code.

You could also kidnap one of the Battle.net programmer's daughters and ransom her for the cd-key algorithm.

The most fun way (IMO), is to go Mission Impossible-style into their headquarters and download the noc list...err...the Battle.net code.

You could get a large sum of money and pay off an employee to get it.

You could look for unchecked SQL in the Battle.net daemon by sending crafted packets.

You could take over a Cisco immediately upstream from their servers by ping flooding it and cracking the password files, and then redirect traffic until they give you the algorithm.

Those, my friends, are the only plausible solutions, according to the mathematical probability of finding a CD-key that works on Battle.net and isn't in use.

UserLoser

Yes I know that Arta, I really just did that for fun and curiousity and see some the results of it.  I really don't need any more keys, I have plenty of working cdkeys :)

drivehappy

Is there an algorithm for testing DiabloII cdkeys (doesn't need to work on battle.net)? I've written a crappy app to run off of onlyer's cdkey changer to test them. It would test only about 30/s and took five minutes to find one key, that of course never worked on battle.net. I guess he used one of the MPQ functions to check it though, does anyone know how to go about this in VB?

Adron

I'm pretty sure a checkbyte will fall out when decoding a d2 cd key yes.

Skywing

Quote from: drivehappy on August 27, 2003, 02:22 PM
Is there an algorithm for testing DiabloII cdkeys (doesn't need to work on battle.net)? I've written a crappy app to run off of onlyer's cdkey changer to test them. It would test only about 30/s and took five minutes to find one key, that of course never worked on battle.net. I guess he used one of the MPQ functions to check it though, does anyone know how to go about this in VB?
His program probably passes iscript/vscript to install.exe that calls the EncryptKey and EncryptFile predefined functions.

My SCKeySet program also uses these functions, though it dispenses with the iscript/vscript overhead.

UserLoser

Camel

Quote from: UserLoser on August 27, 2003, 07:40 PM
0000000000003 works. :)

ProductID = 0
Value1 = 2353113
Value2 = 501

I don't think there are any valid products using a ProductID of zero...