• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Change : Color Ann and name of Blizzard Rep and SySop

Started by Rusem, May 16, 2010, 11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusem

Hello, I wanted to know:
it's possible change the color of the announce?
I want to change where it says Blizzard Rep and sysop, it's possible change the name ?

Regards.

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Rusem

how I make changes? what is the file for configure ?

Yegg

Quote from: Rusem on May 16, 2010, 02:36 PM
how I make changes? what is the file for configure ?
Each time an official client connects to Battle.net, it also connects to Battle.net's "ftp" server and downloads icons.bni (among other files). Each product icon including the blizzard rep icon and the rest of those kinds of icons are located in that file.

Rusem

Yegg

Quote from: Rusem on May 17, 2010, 11:30 AM
what programs are used to modify these files?

Why do you need to modify it? The server sends it to the client and the client reads from it to determine a few things, 1 of those things being which icon belongs to which client type.

http://bhfiles.com/files/Battle.net/IconView.exe

This is a small program made by Skywing ages ago and it is the only program I am aware of that does some kind of BNI file editing. However, I don't recall if you can edit the files in the way where you can insert new images into it.

Rusem

I just want to change the name:

Blizzard Rep> Administrator
SysOp> Moderator

And change the color of /ann

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Rusem

I mean
Administrator appears in the default name of administrator> Blizzard Rep

and change from green to red the /ann

Yegg

Quote from: Rusem on May 18, 2010, 05:26 PM
I mean
Administrator appears in the default name of administrator> Blizzard Rep

and change from green to red the /ann
I'm having a lot of trouble fully understanding what you're asking. It's fine that English isn't your first language, but I really don't know what you're saying here. Can you explain it more in depth?

Rusem

I need to change the default name. In the server's chat apears "Blizzard Rep" i want to change it for "admin" and the same with sysop. By the way, thanks for understand that i don't speak in inglish.

rabbit

Yegg

Quote from: Rusem on May 18, 2010, 07:15 PM
I need to change the default name. In the server's chat apears "Blizzard Rep" i want to change it for "admin" and the same with sysop. By the way, thanks for understand that i don't speak in inglish.
If I understand correctly, do you want these changes to occur when you log on to Battle.net using the official game client? For example: you put your game CD in. you load up the game, you connect to a Battle.net server, and instead of the game showing "Blizzard" on the icon for Blizzard reps, you want it to appear as something else? Is that what you are trying to do?

Hdx

From the sounds of it he may be working on a PvPGN server. And wants to change the text that shows up when he sends an announcement.

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Yegg

Quote from: Hdx on May 18, 2010, 08:47 PM
From the sounds of it he may be working on a PvPGN server. And wants to change the text that shows up when he sends an announcement.
I started thinking that same thing, and that does seem like it'd make the most sense with what he's saying. But it's hard to find out, lol. And if he is working on a PvPGN server, it's going to be even harder to assist him.