• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

PvPGN Invitation

Started by MusicDemon, November 11, 2009, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicDemon

Hello reader!

This is an official invitation to the C/C++ writing programmers of vL!

I'm assigned as the official representative of PvPGN to ask you, from vL, to help us getting PvPGN better!
As for now we're not making real progress in making it better, that's the main reason of this invitation.
We really hope that the real programmers can help us getting PvPGN better than it is right now! Better than our - old - beta 1.99! (PvPGN 2.0 is already in use.)

The very main problems we got now;
Possible new features;

• Custom CD Key system. (For the real hardcore PvPGN players.)
This is our list, for now.

Feel free to ask questions and suggestions under here.
We hope we'll get some powerful and helpful people to our project!

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative

P.S.: Banner is link to PvPGN forums.
Official representative for PvPGN.

Imperceptus

too bad im horrible at starcraft, this sounds like fun.
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

MusicDemon

PvPGN is for a lot of games!

Diablo II
Warcraft III
Starcraft

And a few Command & Conquer versions!:D

We hope you are able to help us getting PvPGN better than it is!

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative

Imperceptus

Is D2 realm side on your servers?
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

MusicDemon

I personally don't use D2, sorry. Plus, D2GS is not a included part of PvPGN.

Maybe; sometimes people encounter problems with it... If you really know much about it, then you could support it at our site. :D http://pelish.spfree.net/

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative

Imperceptus

How does helping you with this differ from the BnetD project?

MusicDemon

We are the continued version of BNetD. We've already changed a lot from the old BNetD. Though we are, we still didn't solved some problems. Therefore we ask your help with solving these bugs/problems.

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative

Imperceptus

how do plan on not getting slammed by blizzard this time?

MusicDemon

As far as I know we've never been. How do you else explain why we're still alive ;)?

I've been informed that because we're from Europe that we're, in some form, "unslammable".
But, are you saying that you want to spent time helping us or are you just looking who/what we are?

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative

Imperceptus

Ive I wasn't self consumed with my programming at work yeah I would offer some help, but another thing to consider is any code that I get around has a tendency to explode. You can verify with myndfyre, Im bad luck. lol

MusicDemon

I personally don't like to ask people in private, since it's an open place. So, if you are able to get people to either this post or our website, we'd be thankful.

Regards,
MusicDemon
PvPGN Representative

Imperceptus

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. And no we are not salting the oats.

rabbit

You should talk to InGhost and x64 over at ICCup.  Our server is highly customized.  And Ads work.  Tournament results are saved well enough (though I'm not entirely sure of how tournaments are done, since I'm not a Tournament Admin).  They don't have much spare time (none of us do), but they may be able to offer some tips.

@Imperceptus: Blizzard has never done anything to ICCup, SC2GG or other big private servers, nor to PvPGN.  Honestly, there's little to worry about.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MusicDemon

Shakar, main administrator at EuroBattle.Net offered to help, though, it was just very little he gave.
I assume you've got some kind of high rank there, could you point me to the inportant persons there? (Forum)

Quote from: rabbit on November 19, 2009, 09:30 AM
@Imperceptus: Blizzard has never done anything to ICCup, SC2GG or other big private servers, nor to PvPGN.  Honestly, there's little to worry about.
BOOM! We got closed! (Nah joke)

rabbit

Quote from: MusicDemon on November 19, 2009, 11:42 AM
Shakar, main administrator at EuroBattle.Net offered to help, though, it was just very little he gave.
I assume you've got some kind of high rank there, could you point me to the inportant persons there? (Forum)

Quote from: rabbit on November 19, 2009, 09:30 AM
BOOM! We got closed! (Nah joke)
I'm the QA developer admin iCCup.tofucake.  For help with programming, I'd normally be willing, but I've got a lot on my plate right now.  ICCup.InGhost and x64 are the ones who do work on the server itself.  It used to be PvPGN, but over the past 5 years it's been so heavily modified that I doubt anyone would recognize it as such.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.