• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Richtext in a listviewitem

Started by Imperceptus, May 11, 2009, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperceptus

I would like to put richtext in a listview item, any thoughts? google yielded nodda
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Yegg

It should be possible with .NET. P

Warrior

Yes, it's pretty easy if you're using WPF. If you're using WinForms, then I don't know.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Imperceptus

Well if its possible I will figure it out eventually, thanks =)
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Warrior

The XAML for a very simplistic WPF version would look like:

<ListView>
<ListViewItem>
<TextBlock>
<Span Foreground="Red">Hello</Span>
<Span Foreground="Blue" FontWeight="Medium">Hi</Span>
</TextBlock>
</ListViewItem>
</ListView>

Due to WPF's rich content model, create these sort of composite controls is really easy.
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Imperceptus

Sure looks easier then some of the crap ive tried so far.  I am tinkering with using a table layout panel, it works great but i think im breaking the scroll feature lol

Warrior

Quote from: Imperceptus on May 12, 2009, 11:49 AM
Sure looks easier then some of the crap ive tried so far.  I am tinkering with using a table layout panel, it works great but i think im breaking the scroll feature lol

Table layout panel? Are you speaking about WPF or WinForms?

MyndFyre

This wouldn't be implicitly possible without a lot of voodoo.  You might be able to set the parent window of the rich text box to the list view, but the list view itself is a window, its items are not.

Remember that Winforms is a wrapper around the Win32 API.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.