• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Battle.NET Bot for the Wii

Started by ximplosionx, November 20, 2008, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ximplosionx

Hello,
I was wondering what people would think of this? Is it a practical idea? Wii Homebrew is relativly easy to code, so would a Battle.NET bot be a good idea?
Thanks,
XImplosionX

Hdx

It would be a nice proof of concept, but the logistics of typing on the wii would make it not worth while IMO. Unless I havent seen a easy keyboard on the wii.

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

ximplosionx

I know libosk (on screen keyboard) exists for easy input. There is also Usb keyboard support

Hdx

Show me the SDK, buy me a WII, and i'll have a functioning bot by christmas. {Hey, give me some time to lear the SDK .. and play twilight princess :P}

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

bulletproof tiger

Quote from: Hdx on November 20, 2008, 09:46 PM
Show me the SDK, buy me a WII, and i'll have a functioning bot by christmas. {Hey, give me some time to lear the SDK .. and play twilight princess :P}

omg, it'll take you until christmas to write a bnet bot? get outta here.

Barabajagal

He said to learn the SDK and play Twilight Princess, not to write the bot. He can write a bot in less than half an hour (I know, because I can, and he's faster than me).

bulletproof tiger

Quote from: Andy on November 20, 2008, 11:13 PM
He said to learn the SDK and play Twilight Princess, not to write the bot. He can write a bot in less than half an hour (I know, because I can, and he's faster than me).

omg, it takes you half an hour to write a bnet bot? get outta here.

Barabajagal

I wrote a d1 massload bot in 15 minutes... Got ipbanned in 3!

Sixen

Quote from: Andy on November 21, 2008, 12:26 AM
I wrote a d1 massload bot in 15 minutes... Got ipbanned in 3!

orly?
Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

Mystical

I was always curious if you could intergrate a bot into a vista gadget or.. even get it on Iphone or like my phone the LG DARE.

maybe even ps3 since i hear its linux?

Yegg

Quote from: MyStiCaL on November 22, 2008, 03:48 AM
I was always curious if you could intergrate a bot into a vista gadget or.. even get it on Iphone or like my phone the LG DARE.

I thought of the idea of writing a Battle.net bot for the iPhone. However, due to working so many hours I don't really have the time. Not to mention I doubt very many people at all would use it.

It would be a cool concept to have a bot in a Vista gadget, a Leopard widget, iPhone, etc. if it were specifically designed for the particular device/software so that it could take advantage of all functionality.

bulletproof tiger

Quote from: Yegg on November 22, 2008, 01:54 PM

I thought of the idea of writing a Battle.net bot for the iPhone. However, due to working so many hours I don't really have the time. Not to mention I doubt very many people at all would use it.

It would be a cool concept to have a bot in a Vista gadget, a Leopard widget, iPhone, etc. if it were specifically designed for the particular device/software so that it could take advantage of all functionality.

I remember looking into writing a vista gadget that'd connect to irc. I didn't do too much research on the subject, but I seem to recall it not being very practical, or possible. I'm not sure, though. If gadgets can create connections for website data, or grabbing the weather, etc, I don't see why having it connect to irc would be much different.

Yegg

Quote from: chyea on November 22, 2008, 03:12 PM
Quote from: Yegg on November 22, 2008, 01:54 PM

I remember looking into writing a vista gadget that'd connect to irc. I didn't do too much research on the subject, but I seem to recall it not being very practical, or possible. I'm not sure, though. If gadgets can create connections for website data, or grabbing the weather, etc, I don't see why having it connect to irc would be much different.

I know absolutely nothing about Vista gadgets, and I'm sure a huge reason why is that I use Leopard. But, if there are existing gadgets accessing web data then creating an IRC client should be the same concept. Both use TCP. I'd imagine it would just be a matter of learning the SDK (or whatever might be used in Vista gadgets' case) in order to accomplish this task.

Sixen

Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

bulletproof tiger

Allegedly this Gadget can do irc. I'm not on Vista right now, so I can't confirm that. Poking around in the gadget, though, the images have such terms as "IRC" and stuff in them. Look's promising, at least as a proof on concept.

http://www.thoosje.com/vista-sidebar-gadgets/livestyle/IG.zip