• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNCSUtil 1.3.2? Been on my mind for awhile

Started by vector, July 10, 2008, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vector

I've pestered Hdx some time back if he'd do a go-ahead and make the next version of the BNCS library named BNCSUtil.dll.

I understand that perhaps the lot of you are pro managed-bncsutil, but I was wondering if any of you know BNCSUtil enough to create a lockdown login sequence for STAR/SEXP and W2BN, who currently use the older check revision method in BNCSUtil, rendering them useless.

Not a lot of bots that I know of rely on a managed BNCS library. I'm only asking for information on the status of releasing a lockdown-enabled BNCSUtil for STAR/SEXP/W2BN.

Thanks.

MyndFyre

I wouldn't mind doing it, but I don't have the latest source code to the unmanaged BNCSUtil.

Does anyone?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

vector

Due to certain circumstances, I do not have access to my computer, but I have the source.

Ask FrostWraith for it; I'm sure he'd be glad to give it to you.

MyndFyre, you don't know how many people will be happy because of this!

If you don't mind, I will now take the time to say that you are a code God...

FrostWraith

Is this the latest, bncsutil-1.3.1 ?
if so,
http://frostwraith.no-ip.org/bnet/bncsutil/

K

Here is the latest version I could find, which included some fixes that I rolled in + a Makefile for building on Linux.
http://reznor.homelinux.net/~ledbettj/bncsutil.tgz

Sorc.Polgara

yay, I've been looking for the the source.

MyndFyre

I've imported 1.3.1 into Google Code at http://bncsutil.googlecode.com/.  If anyone wants to be a contributor to the project let me know.

I won't be able to test on Mac for the time being, nor Linux, so folks with that ability should help me to do so when possible ;)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Barabajagal

Maybe in a few months when I've gotten better at C, I'll write a Linux bot...

MyndFyre

Does anyone have his modified version of gmp-4.2.1?  I've got the library, but he references a custom include folder in gmp-4.2.1\build.vc8. 

That'd be helpful :)

K

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on July 11, 2008, 12:08 AM
I've imported 1.3.1 into Google Code at http://bncsutil.googlecode.com/.  If anyone wants to be a contributor to the project let me know.

I won't be able to test on Mac for the time being, nor Linux, so folks with that ability should help me to do so when possible ;)

If you do a diff between the files you imported and the files I posted you will see the fixes that are missing. IIRC they're in checkrevision.cpp

- not handling mpq0
- missing a checkrevision seed
- not handling the then-new 64-bit checkrevision values.

Hdx

At the time, I could not get BNCSutil to compile. And didn't have the time to work on it.
Now I don't have the time either. [Might have to work 65+ hours this week]
BUT! I do have a few linux machines I can test on for your guys if needed.

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Sorc.Polgara

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on July 11, 2008, 01:00 AM
Does anyone have his modified version of gmp-4.2.1?  I've got the library, but he references a custom include folder in gmp-4.2.1\build.vc8. 

I'd like to be added to the project- I've got K's copy of the code.  I run linux and I've built the library, browsing the code atm.

K

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on July 18, 2008, 06:01 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on July 11, 2008, 01:00 AM

I'd like to be added to the project- I've got K's copy of the code.  I run linux and I've built the library, browsing the code atm.

Feel free to add me to the project too.  (g)mail in my profile.

Sorc.Polgara

Bleh, I've been looking through iago's lockdown code and it looks like I'm stuck until I can figure out how to port various windows API (i.e. LoadLibrary) and such to Linux.

brew

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on July 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
Bleh, I've been looking through iago's lockdown code and it looks like I'm stuck until I can figure out how to port various windows API (i.e. LoadLibrary) and such to Linux.
dlopen is the equivalent function to LoadLibrary, if that helps at all...
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P