• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNCSUtil 1.3.2? Been on my mind for awhile

Started by vector, July 10, 2008, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorc.Polgara

Quote from: brew on July 20, 2008, 10:01 PM
Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on July 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
Bleh, I've been looking through iago's lockdown code and it looks like I'm stuck until I can figure out how to port various windows API (i.e. LoadLibrary) and such to Linux.
dlopen is the equivalent function to LoadLibrary, if that helps at all...

If it was merely the task of finding the Linux equivalent APIs, then I wouldn't be having a problem.  I don't believe one can just use the linux equivalent API to load a Windows PE DLL... I wish it were that simple.

Anyways, the BNCSutil source includes some functionality for using PE formatted files which I'm playing around with.  Although I'm unsure if it's robust enough at the moment, since the lockdown checkrevision is much more involved.

MyndFyre

rob released his source code for lockdown which implemented the functionality necessary for reading PE files I believe.

Also, K, your email is hidden in your profile.  PM me?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

brew

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on July 21, 2008, 06:10 PM
Quote from: brew on July 20, 2008, 10:01 PM
Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on July 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
Bleh, I've been looking through iago's lockdown code and it looks like I'm stuck until I can figure out how to port various windows API (i.e. LoadLibrary) and such to Linux.
dlopen is the equivalent function to LoadLibrary, if that helps at all...
If it was merely the task of finding the Linux equivalent APIs, then I wouldn't be having a problem.  I don't believe one can just use the linux equivalent API to load a Windows PE DLL... I wish it were that simple.
Whoops, forgot about that.

What's stopping you from just opening it as a regular file?
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Sorc.Polgara

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on July 21, 2008, 06:44 PM
rob released his source code for lockdown which implemented the functionality necessary for reading PE files I believe.

Also, K, your email is hidden in your profile.  PM me?

Ah, nice, thanks. Yeah, rob's source is much more Linux friendly than iago's source which is what I was using previously.

Joe[x86]

iago uses exclusively Linux. His code isn't Linux friendly?
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=17567.msg179031#msg179031 date=1216733556]

iago's lockdown code was written in Visual Studio 2005 and was targeted for Windows.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

vector

Either way, once you can get the original source to compile in windows, then you know that's a dependable source to work on.

So what kinds of things are you guys dealing with to make it compatible with the new lockdown algorithm?

Joe[x86]

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on July 22, 2008, 10:41 AM
Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=17567.msg179031#msg179031 date=1216733556]

iago's lockdown code was written in Visual Studio 2005 and was targeted for Windows.

Oh. I'm dumb.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Mystical

Has anyone updated this for lockdown?

Some of the links previously posted for the source in this topic don't seem to be working.

l)ragon

*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

c0ol

I am currently working on this library in an effort to improve some problems I am having with it.  Here is a tenative list of my goals right now and where I stand on them, I started this a few days ago.  1-5 is my progress

4 - 1 ) Remove C++ requirements from all project source
5 - 2 ) Build with MinGW on windows vista
2 - 3 ) Normalize APIs, add prefixes to names, streamline function names
5 - 4 ) Separate PE into its own library
3 - 5 ) Remove unessary win32 calls
2 - 6 ) Rewrite some of the functions to be more in-line with my new style
0 - 7 ) Implement fully doxygen coverage
2 - 8 ) Implement a high level of unit test coverage using cuint
0 - 9 ) Use CMake instead of auto-terrible
1 - 10) Add functionality required to pass Warden and Lockdown challenges

vector

Quote from: c0ol on September 09, 2008, 09:35 AM
I am currently working on this library in an effort to improve some problems I am having with it.  Here is a tenative list of my goals right now and where I stand on them, I started this a few days ago.  1-5 is my progress

4 - 1 ) Remove C++ requirements from all project source
5 - 2 ) Build with MinGW on windows vista
2 - 3 ) Normalize APIs, add prefixes to names, streamline function names
5 - 4 ) Separate PE into its own library
3 - 5 ) Remove unessary win32 calls
2 - 6 ) Rewrite some of the functions to be more in-line with my new style
0 - 7 ) Implement fully doxygen coverage
2 - 8 ) Implement a high level of unit test coverage using cuint
0 - 9 ) Use CMake instead of auto-terrible
1 - 10) Add functionality required to pass Warden and Lockdown challenges
That's quote a lot... Don't freakin change the function names inside the DLL, or all current bots that use it will not be able to use this version..

I assume you know this already.