• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I miss vL :( Spht Skywing Grok and Yoni come back!!!

Started by :+:Sea!:+:, June 25, 2008, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunK

Well I guess I'll get started on a new log in service.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Sixen on August 21, 2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah, that's completely speculation right now. However, they've already started to do something like this. The new expansion, WotLK, requires a Blizzard Account. That being said, the WoW forums will require a Blizzard account. The current account also allows you to register the different Battle.net games, so Battle.net 2.0 and the new Battle.net Forums will probably require a Blizzard Account as well. All of that being said, I believe it should just be on large forum since they both require a Blizzard Account. The account will probably be linked to everything Blizzard, hence the name Blizzard Account instead of Bnet account, etc, etc.
WotLK requires a "temporary Blizzard account" and isn't necessarily integrated into the rest of their products.  My WotLK account is separate, for instance, from my Blizzard Store account.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Sixen

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on August 22, 2008, 03:06 AM
Quote from: Sixen on August 21, 2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah, that's completely speculation right now. However, they've already started to do something like this. The new expansion, WotLK, requires a Blizzard Account. That being said, the WoW forums will require a Blizzard account. The current account also allows you to register the different Battle.net games, so Battle.net 2.0 and the new Battle.net Forums will probably require a Blizzard Account as well. All of that being said, I believe it should just be on large forum since they both require a Blizzard Account. The account will probably be linked to everything Blizzard, hence the name Blizzard Account instead of Bnet account, etc, etc.
WotLK requires a "temporary Blizzard account" and isn't necessarily integrated into the rest of their products.  My WotLK account is separate, for instance, from my Blizzard Store account.

It doesn't have to be... I used the same account for WotLK that I did for my Blizzard "Store" Account that has all of my Battle.net games on it already.
Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

MyndFyre

Quote from: Sixen on August 22, 2008, 09:47 AM
It doesn't have to be... I used the same account for WotLK that I did for my Blizzard "Store" Account that has all of my Battle.net games on it already.
Correct.  My point was, though, that the current WotLK account can be transitive.  I made my WotLK account first; my Blizz Store account is the same email address but is physically different.  I'm not sure why they did it, but it seems to me like they don't intend to keep those as requirements moving forward.  Otherwise they would have been enforced.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Sixen

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on August 22, 2008, 11:13 AM
Correct.  My point was, though, that the current WotLK account can be transitive.  I made my WotLK account first; my Blizz Store account is the same email address but is physically different.  I'm not sure why they did it, but it seems to me like they don't intend to keep those as requirements moving forward.  Otherwise they would have been enforced.

What do you mean, Mynd? The Blizzard Store account is what's used on WotLK, =O. I used my original account (that I created the day the store opened) and it worked without any issues. So, it's all the same.
The Chat Gem Lives!

MyndFyre

Quote from: Sixen on August 22, 2008, 12:04 PM
What do you mean, Mynd? The Blizzard Store account is what's used on WotLK, =O. I used my original account (that I created the day the store opened) and it worked without any issues. So, it's all the same.
I did not have a Store account when I registered for WotLK.  I thought they were the same until I tried to order my Blizzcon tickets, at which point I found out that I also had to create a Store account.  They are the same email address, but different passwords.  They're different accounts.  They can be the same, but they don't HAVE to be.

Sixen

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on August 22, 2008, 12:06 PM
Quote from: Sixen on August 22, 2008, 12:04 PM
I did not have a Store account when I registered for WotLK.  I thought they were the same until I tried to order my Blizzcon tickets, at which point I found out that I also had to create a Store account.  They are the same email address, but different passwords.  They're different accounts.  They can be the same, but they don't HAVE to be.

Oh really? I'll have to look into that, I could've sworn it was the same database/system. Are you positive? =x.
The Chat Gem Lives!

MyndFyre

Quote from: Sixen on August 22, 2008, 03:57 PM
Oh really? I'll have to look into that, I could've sworn it was the same database/system. Are you positive? =x.
Do I really, really have to repeat myself?

Sixen

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on August 23, 2008, 07:01 PM
Quote from: Sixen on August 22, 2008, 03:57 PM
Do I really, really have to repeat myself?

If that's the case then you have me confused. You say they are different accounts, but they are the same accounts (sometimes).
The Chat Gem Lives!

iago

Inconsistency.. sounds like a vulnerability waiting to happen! :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

disco

Say it with me:

MyndFyre

Quote from: Sixen on August 24, 2008, 12:03 AM
If that's the case then you have me confused. You say they are different accounts, but they are the same accounts (sometimes).
I didn't invent the system.  This is what I know.

You said: Your Blizzard store account is the same account on which your WotLK key is active.
I said: My Blizzard store account is not the same account on which my WotLK key is active, because they are the same email address, but different passwords.
Conclusion I've drawn: Blizzard store accounts are not the same as WotLK temporary accounts.  They may have been the same for some people but been copied or something.

This really isn't that hard.

Invert

c0ol

bulletproof tiger

|