• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I miss vL :( Spht Skywing Grok and Yoni come back!!!

Started by :+:Sea!:+:, June 25, 2008, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Quote from: MyStiCaL on August 20, 2008, 06:40 PM
well, I wonder how long it'll be.. before we can get sc2 or d3 on a bot, probley never happen...

Maybe we should get the actual game before we start talking doom-and-gloom...
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Hostile

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on August 20, 2008, 08:49 PM

Maybe we should get the actual game before we start talking doom-and-gloom...
* Hostile shakes his head..

You don't know the internet at all, do you? :P
- Hostile is sexy.

Barabajagal

Worst case scenarios ftw!

Honestly, I doubt they're gonna bother making an entirely new connection system for two new games. War3's system seems sufficient, doesn't it?

Sixen

well, I wonder how long it'll be.. before we can get sc2 or d3 on a bot, probley never happen...

Of course it'll happen. They'll both be used on Battle.net, making it possible. Blizzard has already said Chat Bots are legal, yet unsupported, so there's nothing stopping you.
Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

Invert

Quote from: Sixen on August 20, 2008, 10:24 PM
Of course it'll happen. They'll both be used on Battle.net, making it possible. Blizzard has already said Chat Bots are legal, yet unsupported, so there's nothing stopping you.

Let's not hurt ourselves thinking, we will take this one step at a time.

1. Blizzard said that they will make changes to battle.net. We don't know what those changes will be or how will the new games work as part of the battle.net system.

2. Blizzards legal "Chat Bots" are not the same thing as a game emulating program which allows you to chat on battle.net.

3. A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And no one can talk to a horse of course That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister Ed.

Mystical

Well, im just saying we don't have all the good developers like we use to.

skywing, maddox, yoni, theministerd, arta... might not have the time like they did when war3 came out.

believe it or not i bet half this forum will probley be waiting for iago or rob to come up with somthing. :[

iago

As soon as:
a) Somebody buys me a new computer, and
b) I get bored.

:)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

brew

Quote from: MyStiCaL on August 21, 2008, 03:27 AM
believe it or not i bet half this forum will probley be waiting for iago or rob to come up with somthing. :[

You're not that half, right? :-P
It's not like people haven't already filled their places.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

UserLoser

Quote from: MyStiCaL on August 21, 2008, 03:27 AM

Well, im just saying we don't have all the good developers like we use to.

skywing, maddox, yoni, theministerd, arta... might not have the time like they did when war3 came out.

i plan on writing a bot for fun when these games come out...

PunK

Why doesn't vL let someone else manage BNLS for them? Someone willing to update it on a frequent bases.

From dii.net
When D3 comes out, Blizzard will be making major changes to battle.net. All players will have a universal battle.net account for all games. They will start selling a $6 key chain with a digital face that updates every 10 minutes or so with a new 11-digit number. That 11-digit number will be your password. This will make it nearly impossible to keylog or bruteforce accounts.
I don't see the point of it really since brute forcing is completely useless.

Mystical

Quote from: PunK on August 21, 2008, 02:01 PM
Why doesn't vL let someone else manage BNLS for them? Someone willing to update it on a frequent bases.

That would be a great idea... or someone fix BNCSutil.dll actually both would be nice. :P

PunK

Quote from: MyStiCaL on August 21, 2008, 02:05 PM

That would be a great idea... or someone fix BNCSutil.dll actually both would be nice. :P

I was thinking of making a small daemon that handles connections like BNLS. I wouldn't want to spend much time on it so I'd probably have the daemon use BNCSUtil and Andy's Warden library to handle peoples warden requests. Only issue would be that people would have to keep the connection to the BNLS server to send/receive the handled warden responses.

Mystical

Quote from: PunK on August 21, 2008, 02:11 PM
Quote from: MyStiCaL on August 21, 2008, 02:05 PM

I was thinking of making a small daemon that handles connections like BNLS. I wouldn't want to spend much time on it so I'd probably have the daemon use BNCSUtil and Andy's Warden library to handle peoples warden requests. Only issue would be that people would have to keep the connection to the BNLS server to send/receive the handled warden responses.

Well then you'd have 2 connections, from 2 differnt servers.. not sucha good idea. hmm. warden isn't a big deal, build that into ur bot. or create a library to handle it

PunK

Yeah, that's the only down side. I guess a new updated BNLS server would be useful though.

Sixen

Quote from: Invert on August 21, 2008, 02:15 AM
Let's not hurt ourselves thinking, we will take this one step at a time.

1. Blizzard said that they will make changes to battle.net. We don't know what those changes will be or how will the new games work as part of the battle.net system.

2. Blizzards legal "Chat Bots" are not the same thing as a game emulating program which allows you to chat on battle.net.

3. A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And no one can talk to a horse of course That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister Ed.

True, however they know people have emulated the game to login. In fact, Mike Morhaime suggested people helping in then Open Tech Channel to move from CHAT to D1 or another CDKey-less client. Anyway, they have stated that as long as you don't violate the ToU by spamming, harassing others, etc, etc, you will be fine.

From dii.net
When D3 comes out, Blizzard will be making major changes to battle.net. All players will have a universal battle.net account for all games. They will start selling a $6 key chain with a digital face that updates every 10 minutes or so with a new 11-digit number. That 11-digit number will be your password. This will make it nearly impossible to keylog or bruteforce accounts.
I don't see the point of it really since brute forcing is completely useless.

Yeah, that's completely speculation right now. However, they've already started to do something like this. The new expansion, WotLK, requires a Blizzard Account. That being said, the WoW forums will require a Blizzard account. The current account also allows you to register the different Battle.net games, so Battle.net 2.0 and the new Battle.net Forums will probably require a Blizzard Account as well. All of that being said, I believe it should just be on large forum since they both require a Blizzard Account. The account will probably be linked to everything Blizzard, hence the name Blizzard Account instead of Bnet account, etc, etc.

They've already started selling authenticators that act somewhat like that. They currently just have a security token that you can link to your WoW account. While all of this has happened, it's still all speculation...

Quote from: PunK on August 21, 2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that's the only down side. I guess a new updated BNLS server would be useful though.

Agreed.
Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

|